Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been losing sleep debating what to do and its bugging me. my car is stock with 45k on her i have a invoice for the xcharger hi po for 4100 and i would buy tlock and 3.73s and after that i cant do anything else to car now if i go the other route tuner and cai and 4.10s tlock i can do sound system and finish the commetics plan on having car at least 2-3 more yrs. so is the xcharger worth it or go other route and have money in bank its literally sititng in my shopping cart torturing me sorry for all the qustions just lost lol

·
Registered
307 Posts
If you're after sheer power go with the charger, if you like always tinkering with your car, go the other route, I opted for n/a right now, for I wanted to do a bunch of other stuff, and maybe super charge it later.. it really boils down to what you want out of the car.

Good luck!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hmmm. The dilema of the century. I have to admit that I have been in the same boat. I guess what is it you ultimately want out of your Mustang? Do you want to just have it fast, or do you want to have a good performer with your own style? Just remember that you can still buy the xcharger down the road without a tuner if you already have one from buying a CAI combo now. The CAI won't wear out (just a filter cleaning) and can be sold fairly easily. NTO no longer has the 8.8 with 3.73s. So if you get the 4.10s from them, it will cost you 2-3 hundred to go back down to 3.73s. You can still get some coin for the 4.10s. It's not an easy decision. I know because I still haven't made the leap in either direction. From what I have read, the x-charger and gears are a sick combo that will make your stang a beast. I'm not helping...

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol your not lol but I want a faster car I mean I just sold my 1000cc bike now its like there's a void

·
Registered
532 Posts
I've got a 900cc bike that the hp to weight ratio makes acceleration a lot of fun. I'm looking at selling mine as well since I don't get to ride it nearly enough and I really can't afford 2 toys. It would be easier to do if my Mustang was a convertible.

Well I see that you went the CAI and tuner route. You really couldn't go wrong either way. The truth is that you will never be finished modifying your car. When you get your 5.0 you will be starting all over again. It's a curse and a joy all at once. :)

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm at a stand still thrs 4500 in car fund just waiting lol

·
Registered
594 Posts
Lol your not lol but I want a faster car I mean I just sold my 1000cc bike now its like there's a void
If you want a faster car then trade in the 6 for an eight put the extra money down and you will have a better starting point to work from.

·
Registered
784 Posts
get the supercharger. you wont always have all the money saved up to buy one straight up. sound system you can buy piece by piece

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I started with an xcharger HiPo 2.8 and got the other stuff later.

Nice sleeper when it looked stock :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
SUPERCHARGER ! :bigthumbsup

Then it will go as good as it looks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts