Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So do i want to take these through the water box tonight?? They have tread so i dont really know?? And then if I do go in the water I just want to do a quick release of the clutch to burn some???

please give me some help here there are gonna be some new C300s errr I mean Chargers there and I want to woop em!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have a 69 stang making 410hp off engine and 150 shot on top, use the ET Streets as well. i take em through the box and do a nice burn out just like a full race slick. works well for me

good luck, smoke em!!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
A drag radial does not need a big ol' John Force burnout to make it hook. Just powerbrake it a few seconds and make sure smoke is coming off them . Also lower the prressure down to 15 psi. Do some experimenting with burn outs and tire pressure and let us know how much fun it was.

·
Registered
52 Posts
speco2005 said:
So do i want to take these through the water box tonight?? They have tread so i dont really know?? And then if I do go in the water I just want to do a quick release of the clutch to burn some???

please give me some help here there are gonna be some new C300s errr I mean Chargers there and I want to woop em!!
Here are my $0.02:

First off, this is my OPINION and what worked FOR ME.

Approach the box and when you're in the box, give the tires a quick "lick" (1 rotation) to get them wet. Pull ahead of the box and do your burnout there. I don't like burning out in the box because it sprays the water all in the the wheel-well and it drips back onto the tire as your staged. Also, if you don't get near the end of the box, even after the best burnout, you roll over some water....but....while burning out, wait til you see smoke (a bit of it), let off the brake just enough to skid ahead and the just completely let off the gas and stage. That should do it.

I also don't recommend "launching" until you're ready to REALLY launch at the line. It kinda compresses your suspention. Alot of folks like to check to see if the tires are sticky by giving a quick launch in-between the water box and the line.

That's the recommendation I got anyway.

Good luck,

-N

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
You have the power to do a burn out, JUST DO IT!

Go through the water, right phat toe on the brake, pinkey on the gas and go at it. First one untill you have smoke to your tail lid... subsequent ones can be less, next and future runs....

DO NOT test your gripp up to staging... the belief is (from the racing Gods) you have enough for ONE launch! No playing before!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
you should also do you burnout starting in second gear otherwise you will not have enough tire speed to do a good burnout. Just heat them up for a few seconds then pull right to the line. You will have to experiment with tire pressure and launch RPM then is like shooting free throws just do the same thing everytime and have fun.:kooky:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.