Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

After a long debate, I finally decided to get rims instead of an '04 mach 1. I figured I didnt need to spend 24k right now, so I thought I'd make my current stang look a little cleaner. So I decided on the FR500 silver rims from mustangtuning.com. When I orderd them they were out of stock(dohh!). So it took them a week to get them in. They shipped them asap. Took a week of ship time(free shipping rocks).

I knew they were at my house today and couldnt stop thiking about it all day at work. When I get home there they were, just like christmas. So I open the 1st box, my 1st thought was dam thats a sweet rim. My second thought was **** I orderd the silver ones. Opend all the other boxes and they were all silver. :weeps

Now I have to wait more to get a silver one and I'm so pissed! Was supposed to get them installed tomorrow. It's not mustangtunings fault, the box was misslabled at the factory. I emailed support and I expect them to overnight the correct rim asap. UGHHH, I cant wait any longer!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ohh yea,

Ill keep you guys informed on how long it takes to get my new rim and post pics of them when I get them on.

Kurt

·
Registered
308 Posts
Damn that sucks.They are some great guys over at MT and they will get you fixed up pretty quick.I'm a Moderator on thier Forums :) It will look great.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I'm drooling now because those are the rims I want for mine. I want the black or chrome, haven't decided yet.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Just got back from the Southern Maryland Mustang Show in LaPlata, MD - was a orange late-model GT w/the black FR500's and some Nittos there - looked sweet. Would look good on my car as well.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
My vert's the same color as yours. I'm kinda torn between the black FR500's and droppin the extra cash on the chrome ones. Black would look good, but chrome makes just about any car look better.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Blue,

I think both would look sweet on your car. If I my stang was red, Id go with the black. My cars black, so i think the black rims would be just too much, unless I put a silver stripe or something to add some contrast. Im just soo mad cause getting these rims is such a teaser. They look soo sweet, but all I can do is stare at them. Ohh well.

·
Registered
475 Posts
after checking out these rims you got, i think ill have to invest in to a set for my self. ill problly spend a few more $$ just for the chrome because if i got sliver it would be to much on my Stang and if i got black i really dont know how it will look. 200 and some odd $$ for 1 rim aint bad at all. even tho the steeda utra light rims would be nice to own too.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Wheel Choices

Some samples from the show:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Man those Black FR500's are damn sexy. Once the wife gets over the shock of the latest round of home improvements ,I think I'm gonna start workin it for some wheels and a Diablo tuner.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
UPDATE:

Talked a couple of times to a Chris at MustangTuning. He said a new rim would be shipped asap at the manufacture's cost. Didnt say anything about when it would get here. Hope its soon. Going to san diego for the weekend.
Ill post pics when I get them on.

P.S. I have a black FR500 17x9 brand new in the box for sale. Dirt cheap.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
They don't want the black one back??? that's really odd.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Its monday October 3rd. Still no replacement. Chris said they shipped it on wed. Guess they didnt overnight it. I'll wait till wed then fire an email to mustangtuning again.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Where are some other places with good selections of wheels? We're in the market now and lookin to buy. I want to keep it under $350 a wheel, I have a feeling that's gonna be tough with my wife's taste. But since it's her car I gotta let her have some say in the matter.

·
Registered
436 Posts
all good man...when they do arrive it will have been worth the wait........cant wait till i can afford to get a set of rims (need to install gears and buy a bumpsteer kit)...rims will prolly be there on monday...u get a tracking #

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Finally got the replacement rim. i feel like an a$$ now. It was coming from texas. Anyhow, Ill try and get the rims installed tomorrow. Ill get the pics up asap. My only regret is I dint splurge for the chrome ones.

Kurt

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.