Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wel i jus picked up my parts today here what i go for the ol 5.0.
scat complete 347 stroker kit,AFR 185cc heads,crane cam part # 444221,crane 1.6 rr,70mm t/b,edel rpm 2 u/l intake. that all for now kinda used up the budget with the heads but there worth it next time i got im buyin bigger injectors ignition system and so on. l;et me know what u guys think of my setup and what size injector i should use i wqas thinkiin 24lbs but not to sure .

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Make sure you use roller rocker arms. Kinda defeats the purpose of dumping several thousand into a combo and still run stamped rockers (cough *jruppert* cough)

·
Registered
346 Posts
haha... very funny :sterb:

Hopefully you purchased stud mount. That way it will be easier to go adjustable roller rockers. Just a tip though... Make sure you get hardened pushrods for those heads. It mentions it in AFR's website. I used stock and ended up breaking a couple. Its not a good thing to do.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes i got hardend pushrods and yes they a stud mounted roller rockers they are the new energizer ones from crane cams. What size injectors do u guys sugest running? will 24s be enough??

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Yes it will be big enough.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I would recommend 30's

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think im gonna go with 30 just to be on the safe side it wont hurt any goin to big will it?? how big of a fuel pump should i go with in the tank someone was tellin me i could just get a fuel pump booster or sumthing and that would work just fine im not to suire about that tho. With this setup on my motor what rear end gears would u guys sugest i was thinkin 3.90s but lots of people say 3.55 or 3.73 its a 5 speed so u all no id jst like to hear what u guys have to say thx.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I wouldnt go any lower then 3.73 meaning I feel the 3.90 is too low. My setup with 3.73's have no traction in 1st gear. I have even considered going to 3.55's. 30's will be just fine. If anything, I think you would be borderline on 24's. You should probably go a 255 lph pump. I am not very knowledgable in that area. I have a 255 setup in my tank.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
I reread your list again and because it is a 347 i would also go with the 30# injectors. I was thinking about just a regular 302.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
also i was wonderin what kind of hp u guys think i will be running with the setup up i was hoping for 300 or 350 could u guy tell me what to expect and what time do u think i could run in the 1/4 with good drag suspension sending it out and havein all that done profesinally after winter is over?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.