Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yahoo! Found a big box sitting by my front door when I got home tonight. Pro Chamber's here and I will be under my car on Monday when I'm off. So any of you knowlegeable people out there know any tricks, please let me know. I will be getting a metal gasket to replace the paper one that came with the pipe as I was advised. My only concern now is I'm putting the 2.5" pro chamber pipe on and connecting it to a 2.25" stock catback. Any problems guys? Dollarbill....Bluestreak?? Thank's. I'm stoked.....:laughlitt

·
Banned
2,185 Posts
No tricks needed, it's a fairly easy swap. Some people have alot of trouble with the header bolts on the passenger side due to the starter, but with swivels and extensions its no problem. You may be fine just reusing the factory gasket as your car is new, mine worked fine and I got 45kmiles on it. As far as the 2.25 catback goes, its not a great fit, but it will work. I didn't hear any leaks in mine, however, my old mufflers were so ripped up I wouldn't have been able to tell. Good Luck

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Get the car up in the air, spray the bolts down real good with wd40 or pb blaster, then go take your first coffee/beer break. While taking your break, prepare you tools and work light. Are you using Mils or a tuner for the cel? It will bolt right up, don't worry. Right now my 2.5 catback is hooked to a 2.25 stock mid pipe. The car is gonna be a lot more drone prone, but it will also be loud as hell! Have fun! :drink:

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Yes, definitely reuse the OEM gasket or get a new one (preferred). You'll need at least a pair of 6 inch extensions and 1 universal socket to get to the passenger side bolts. PB blaster or WD40 as said before will make things much easier. Also, if you have a 3/8 drive impact wrench, it'll fit further up than a 1/2 drive and do much better. I tried using my air ratchet, no love with that, just busted knuckles. Good luck and enjoy when it's done.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Drone!? I hate drone! Will a new catback, say magnaflow help? Oh, I have a Predator, I think that'll take care of the mil issue right?

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Yeah the Predator will take care of the CEL issue, but remember to turn them back on if your inspection requires an OBD scan. Yes, there will be some drone, only from 1800-2200 RPM though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.