Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my summitomo tires in all 4 are 255/45/18 Bought them from tire rack for 163 a tire. I love the look of these and will post on how they hook up and perform after I get them mounted. The guy italked to was a great help and he dident try to sell me the mostexpensive tire and said these are the same tires he runs. Wes also asked me fisrst what I was looking for in a tire. All in all the customer service was really good wit htire rack.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the htr z 3 is improved over the 2 the tread wear is now 300 and MArk I asked him about the 2 and he said that some people hasd issues with cupping with the 2s but Idont no what that means. I was going to get the firstone fire hawk wide oval tires but they are not made in 255 45 18 Wes said that these are really good tires. S othen he said he ran the htrz3 and said they handle awsome and are supprisengly quiet for a max performance tire.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Yes the htr z 3 is improved over the 2 the tread wear is now 300 and MArk I asked him about the 2 and he said that some people hasd issues with cupping with the 2s but Idont no what that means. I was going to get the firstone fire hawk wide oval tires but they are not made in 255 45 18 Wes said that these are really good tires. S othen he said he ran the htrz3 and said they handle awsome and are supprisengly quiet for a max performance tire.
Hmmm. I've had no wear issues with mine. Enjoy the new treads!!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm. I've had no wear issues with mine. Enjoy the new treads!!
Thanks I will keep everyone posted on how they perform in the wet and how the noise level is and cornereing when they get mounted.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I think they have cause the tread is completeley different than the 2 I thought the 2s had a rice look to them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.