Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got the car tinted today. It is really hot here in Az,and I wanted to spare my seats and legs sitting on the seats. I went with 5% tint all around. I will be going back to get my whole windshield done in 35% tint and the upper brow in limo soon. I am waiting to do the windshield till I get it switched from Texas registration to Arizona as they do a visual inspection ad I want them to see the Vin through the window clearly. Well tell me what y'all think of it.:shigrin

Attachments

U

·
0 Posts
I hear it can be a chore backing up at night with 5% tint, and a lot of people have to stick their heads out the window to see where they are going. :laugh: But it looks awesome!!! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear it can be a chore backing up at night with 5% tint, and a lot of people have to stick their heads out the window to see where they are going. :laugh: But it looks awesome!!! :bigthumbsup
It is very hard to see at night,luckily my BMW had limo tint so I am used to it. Thanks for the compliment I love it so far. It is already cooler in the car even with A/C off.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
477 Posts
That looks awesome, i would love to get tint on my car but i'm afraid to get pulled over for it. In California we cant have tint on the front windows at all, it sucks:so

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't imagine dealing with CARB on every mod and the yearly inspections there.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Tint is one of those things that I really think I need to do this year. Not sure how I'm going to manage getting it done, but I sure do like the look!

Well done!

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Hell yeah its a chore bro, i have 15% and i can not see out of my windows.. I have to roll them down if i am backing out of places..

BMW2Stang, tint looks good dude! I sometimes wish i went 5%.. The guy would not let me do it though :(

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Looks good!
But I can't deal with the not being able to see out at night so I went with the legal 20% on both of mine.

It's hotter than hell here too. I don't know how people go without window tint! That's always the first order of business for me!

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Looks good!
But I can't deal with the not being able to see out at night so I went with the legal 20% on both of mine.

It's hotter than hell here too. I don't know how people go without window tint! That's always the first order of business for me!
+1 on tint being the first thing done to a car.. I had mine tinted shortly after i bought my GT. I could not do it if i had no tint, 90+ degrees most of the year, no thanks. Fl heat sucks..

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
looks good. fyi, AZ adopted CA tint laws last year... a bunch of my friends have gotten tickets in AZ for tinted windows and had to get them taken off. you'll be good with it on your side windows if you drive with the windows down a lot, but don't tint the windshield at all.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
i have the limo tint. you cant see out of it at night backing up. i love it, but its against the law here. ive been warned twice so far. it gets 100 degrees here and its nice to have. i also had the windsheild replaced with one that has about 8" of really dark tint built in across the top.

Attachments

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
I like it. But that out here in California is illegal just like anything else you want to do to your car.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Looks good, But yea i think the 5% is not only hard to back up with but illegal on the front windows where I am. I went with 35% all around. The way it works is that the percentage is how much light is allowed through, so the lower the number the less light gets through and the darker the tint.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Looks good, But yea i think the 5% is not only hard to back up with but illegal on the front windows where I am. I went with 35% all around. The way it works is that the percentage is how much light is allowed through, so the lower the number the less light gets through and the darker the tint.
i never knew how that worked. my rear and 1/4`s were done limo, so i wanted the doors to match and did them myself. the cops use a digital tint-o-meter thats even more confusing. mine said 19 when he checked it, which was bad, but i forgot what he said it needed to be to be legal. i`m thinking 34 but not sure

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
I went with 15% in the back and 35% on the side windows, just enough for it not to be noticeable.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
The law sucks - Let's leave it at that. :laugh:

That tinting looks awesome! I can't remember, but I'm pretty sure that my car came tinted from the factory... Hmm... :scratchchin

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for all of the compliments on the tint.:D As for it being illegal I will take my chances on that. I am a pretty low profile driver and never had issues with the BMW being 5% either. I recently got hired as a firefighter so hopefully the sticker on the back window will help out.:shigrin

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.