Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this is an anything goes section so I figure I'd tell you guys about my experience tonight....
well I took out my weekend machine a 94 Mustang GT with all kinds of bolts ons only thing left would be a supercharger or nitrous...power output last I dynoed before the new cam was 283.3HP and 309.9TQ. @ the wheels..
Came across an integra silver,lowered and with the big exhaust.
we got on the onramp to highway single lane I was in back as soon as we were clear he cuts across 2 lanes to the left I concur and he takes off quick but I'm right on him but I can see I couldn't pass him. so we slow for traffic and when we are all in the clear again we get next to each other at about 70MPH which isn't the best when you have 3:73 gears on a stang..I was in 4th gear at about 4,000 rpm floor it and right off the bat he jumps on me about 3/4 car length then at about 90MPH my car's nose is on his door...thats how it ended. It was my first race in this car and I normally don't ever race high speed like that but conditions were good highway clear..I was very surprised and he seemed surprised that I kept up with him. Obviously it was sporting a turbo etc...to say the least I was impressed.. Time for Nitrous for such cases:happyhapp

·
Registered
53 Posts
Definately time for nitrous. I think out of the whole you would of had him if you avoid blowing the tires off the thing. I had a simular run in with a WS6 firebird. I could keep pace with him, but couldn't pass. We must of went up to at least 100 mph. I was right on his tail but when I pulled out couldn't make any ground on him until I hit the button and then walked right by him.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mbw1979 said:
Definately time for nitrous. I think out of the whole you would of had him if you avoid blowing the tires off the thing. I had a simular run in with a WS6 firebird. I could keep pace with him, but couldn't pass. We must of went up to at least 100 mph. I was right on his tail but when I pulled out couldn't make any ground on him until I hit the button and then walked right by him.
Yes time for nitrous,,I have Nitto Drag radials 315/35/17 in the rear with full Steeda suspension so it launches hard..I agree I think I would of taken him from a standstill...But I give credit where its due:worship

·
Registered
977 Posts
My old 95GTS had very similar mods to yours, GT-40Y heads, Cobra intake, Steeda #19, full exhaust, all the little bolt-ons and lastly, a little Powerdyne XB-1. It made 470rwhp/420rwtq SAE. Something like an S-trim or P1SC will also put you right there with a good tune.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I too agree it may be time for the bottle, I thought about this same thing when that stupid super duty almost caught me.... Good story tho!!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
gotta watch out for some of those ricers.its usually the stockest looking ones that are actually fast.a buddy of mine owns an integra type r but took off the badges and slapped on the LS on it (im guessing thats the base model) and he built the car to outlast 26psi but daily driven with 18.kills most cars on the road.including an old viper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.