Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so yesterday i got pulled over around 1 in the afternoon on the highway (where you dont really use your breaks most of the time) for having my tail lights apparently tinted to dark. Even though ive had them tinted that dark for six months now this is the first time ive been pulled over for them.

Anyway i was wondering is there a way to wire in led bulbs into my tail lights to make them brighter then the stock bulbs?

Thanks!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hey guys so yesterday i got pulled over around 1 in the afternoon on the highway (where you dont really use your breaks most of the time) for having my tail lights apparently tinted to dark. Even though ive had them tinted that dark for six months now this is the first time ive been pulled over for them.

Anyway i was wondering is there a way to wire in led bulbs into my tail lights to make them brighter then the stock bulbs?

Thanks!
Next time u see a cop in the daytime turn your lights on.

J

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already had them on

·
Registered
140 Posts
Either buy stockers and have two pairs of lights, trade someone stock for tinted, or stay tinted and risk the ticket. Its all up to you, but i doubt LEDs will make the lights look not tinted. Mine are tinted and I cant wait for the day some **** CHP officer pulls me over

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dude, explain how its for ricers???
plenty of people with mustangs tint their lights
and ive gotten nothing but compliments on my tail lights beside being pulled over 1 time in 6 months that ive had it on.
So watch what your calling ricer.

And being college its kinda hard to afford new tail lights so i was hoping there was a way to get brighter lights bulbs or something.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there anyway to take that spray tint off without messing up the tail lights?
Or does anyway have those raxiom smoked tail lights from american muscle, if so how do you like them?

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Is there anyway to take that spray tint off without messing up the tail lights?
Or does anyway have those raxiom smoked tail lights from american muscle, if so how do you like them?
StangMan,

The Raxiom smoked tails look great on our '96 GT! I highly suggest them if you're looking for a change from the spray tint. You can even check out the video and see how bright they are!

Hope this helps!

Shane

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Like i would still like tinted tail lights i guess they just cant be as dark as i have them now.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ive been told they arnt really smoked rather they are more of a ruby color.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Just take off the tinted lights, That stuff is for ricers
?? I think that the tinted tails look awesome, and i've seen them on tons of non-ricer cars. I think that it's a nice overall custom look, but to each their own.

OP: sorry to hear, man. I've got the tinted taillights/ third brake light and i'm pretty sure that the people that I bought the car off tinted the windows darker than legal. I go out every Sunday on cruise night, and i've passed a few police cars in everyday traffic and haven't got pulled over (yet).

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah like i said ive had it on for about 6 months now and this is the first time ive been pulled over for them. It was around 1 but what made me mad i guess is that it was on the highway where you usually dont brake or you brake the least. And im pretty sure if it wasnt a state trooper i wouldnt have been pulled over. And im pretty sure that really the only person that would pull me over for them again would be that same state trooper.

Does anyone know a way to maybe like almost take a layer of the spray tint off so they arnt as dark?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts