Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Qualcomm stadium in San Diego on Friday night for their Race Legal 1/8 mile drag racing...crappiest track (parking lot) in the world, but still fun nonetheless...
well it was my virgin track run, and I got tore the hell up...
my first run was against a firehawk with drag radials or slicks, couldnt really see...
my reaction: 1.077 his reaction: .520
my 60 ft: 2.627 his 60 ft: 2.359
my mph: 76.53 his mph: 79.64
my et: 10.012 his et: 9.144

second run i drove with traction control off (which I've never in my life done) and when I power shifted to 2nd, i fishtailed and it scared the crap out of me so i slowed down real bad...it was against my friends 05 mustang gt...
my reaction: .998 his reaction: 1.255
my 60 ft: 2.594 his 60 ft: 2.332
my mph: 56.60 his mph: 76.39
my et: 10.850 his et: 9.490

I got plenty of reasons why I did so crappy, but a loss is a loss so I'll just keep to myself and know it was my fault...the next night I got my car race ready and went out to the local street races...sure enough, I killed a f-body 5.0, a Civic Si, a Tacoma X-runner, an Integra, a Camaro, and a turbo Jetta...I have videos that I'll post up later, one against my friends 05 GT that beat me, one against the Si I beat, and the rest are just footage of the cars at the street...go ahead...flame me away guys, I deserve it...
I made it up to my car by treating her to a 140 dollar car wash and wax session at the detailing place...the least I could do after I made her look bad

·
Registered
437 Posts
you summed it up in your first sentance my friend..." still fun none the less "

it's all just one big learning experience... you'll get'em next time:drink:

·
Registered
174 Posts
YORCHI said:
I made it up to my car by treating her to a 140 dollar car wash and wax session at the detailing place...the least I could do after I made her look bad
As long as you know how to treat the ladies, it doesn't matter if you win or lose :laughlitt

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mac_mogul said:
As long as you know how to treat the ladies, it doesn't matter if you win or lose :laughlitt
You got that right...
I felt so bad for driving my car so crappily and making her look bad that I woke up a half hour before the car wash place opened, drove it there, and made sure it was the first one to go through so she would get all the fresh water and everything. I payed for the 2nd highest package, only one higher was a paint sealer I didn't need yet, and dropped my baby off in the hands of the nice car wash man who couldn't stop complimenting her. I gave the guy an extra 10 bucks and told him there would be more if he treated my car good...sure enough, 5 hours later, picked her up and it was like a show room new car...they even cleaned my underbody, took off my tires and cleaned them from the inside, gave me a little bottle of their air freshener, which I don't use, I just spray my "curve" or "dolce and gabbana" cologne inside the car...
yeah my car looked so beautiful when they drove it around from behind the shop in the air conditioned tent, quite a few people got up and walked over to it, started talking, looking, 2 chicks took pictures of it, I found the guy that detailed my car and gave him an extra 20

·
Registered
977 Posts
I too was there Friday night. What a ****** track. Fun, but crap. Barona is a much nicer track, at least for the 1/8th mile. My goal is to make it to Fontana a couple of times this year for some 1/4 mile fun. It's to bad Carlsbad went away. It was a ****** track but at least it was a 1/4 mile. Anyway, I got five runs in, very bad runs :sterb: before the huge crowd showed up. A lot of ricers. By the way, Barona usually has 0 ricers. One of my enlisted folks went up to Barona in his WRX and was booed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.