Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you got quarter window louvers? If so can you please post pics and list the manufacturer's name?

im trying to see which is the best looking louver for my car.....
THANKS IN ADVANCE GUYS!!!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
myromac87 said:
Do any of you got quarter window louvers? If so can you please post pics and list the manufacturer's name?

im trying to see which is the best looking louver for my car.....
THANKS IN ADVANCE GUYS!!!
I love mine... from MRT... www.mrt-direct.com

My louvers

·
Registered
100 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
new stang owner said:
How do the Roush's attach. THey seem bigger than the window.
with 3 little hex screws on each corner. you can easily take them off to clean behind them. i never looked on my Roush, (didnt have it long enough to need to clean behind them) but from outside appearance im guessing that there is some sort of a bracket that mounts onto the window glass that the screws go into, b/c if not, where the are located would make them go into the glass! so there must be a bracket you stick on the window with 3M tape or something, and then screw the louvers to that. im going with the roush louvers on my 06 when i get it. liked them the best from the ones i saw.:cool:

·
Registered
93 Posts
I went with the SSE ones. Unlike most of the other side louvers, these arn't jagged and flow very well with the lines of the car, looks natural. I've gotten a lot of complements.

The great part is it attaches with 3M automotive tape, what they use on bodykits, so you don't have to damage your car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Do these louvers obstruct view or can you see through the blades? if it obstucts your view, backing out of a parking space will be a little difficult. I plan on getting a '05 GT and curious on which ones to get.

scout

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
yeah, they obstruct the view out of the quarter window totally. backing and lane changing become a little more difficult with the new blindspot. but thats what mirrors are for right?:eyepoppin

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
scoutbb said:
Do these louvers obstruct view or can you see through the blades? if it obstucts your view, backing out of a parking space will be a little difficult. I plan on getting a '05 GT and curious on which ones to get.

scout
I've got the Generation II Louvers. Depending on what you get, you may or may not be able to see out of them. The Generation I & II's have slits cut out so you can actually see in and out, making visiblity ok. Other brands have fake slits, no seeing out or in...not good. Mine attach via 3M auto tape, good stuff, covers just the glass part of the quarter window, no attaching to the car body at all. Sending site link, scroll down a ways to find the Generation Louvers.

http://www.autoaccessory4u.com/05fomuac.html

·
Registered
197 Posts
Xenon's flowed nicely with what I was trying to accomplish.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts