Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took a drive around town and i heard this car spooling up its turbos behind me and he pulls up on my left so i put it in second and floored it, blew by him with no problem. then he pulls up beside me and screams that his wagon will smoke my mustang and to follow him to highway so i did..... we get to the highway and i was revving at 4500 in third and we went for it. I had him for about a car length until i got into forth and then he absolutely destroys me..lol... he pulled over off the highway and tells me he builds motors and puts turbos and superchargers on cars for a living and this volks had a huge turbo and forged engine to make 550 hp... thank god i didnt just loose to a "volks" lol

·
Registered
715 Posts
sounds like the guy was cool at least. You should have told him to build you a turbo kit then race him and see who wins

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
The sound of the turbo spooling should have tipped you off. lol

That's why I never underestimate any car. I seen a dude in a Ford Festiva blow the doors off an old Chevelle or Camaro cant remember. The turbo on the Festiva sounded like something from Star Wars!

So did you get a price to install one on the Stang or what?

What kind of Volks was it

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya he was cool about it. I thought of that after to grab his number cause i wanna turbo my mustang. Im gonna have to track him down somehow but damn this thing was a monsterrrr..wish i had the money to do that to my ride lol

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
naw i didnt get a price but i know what turbo im getting( Hellion)

ya i knew it had power just didnt think 550.. i thought it would be a close race not a blow out lol

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was a volkswagen passat wagon its called... looked like soccer moms car

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha yea i guess so....on the way home i did smoke a nissan skyline though not sure what year is was i think 92... that made me feel better lol

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
If you are planning on going turbo you should have talked to him. At least he was cool. By as mustangfun said I would rather have a Mustang any day even if it can't keep up. And Chris, it's funny you say that. I have a friend who has a Festiva and he loves it. He talks about wanting to turbo it lol. Im sure it would be fun

·
Registered
531 Posts
wow soccer mom FTW.:laugh:

i heard turbos ruin engines more than super chargers. i would go x charger

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
It was a passat wagon, obviously you can polish a turd. I'd rather have a slower Mustang GT any day of the week.

I agree 1000%!:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

But it's kinda cool thinking about some guy out there who's wife probably made him buy a wagon instead of the sports car he wanted so he said "Oh yeah, dear! We'll see!" Funny! Probably had a sh*t ton of suspension work done too:laugh: That's great. Imagine the look on her face when she's on the highway and she has to floor it for the first time:laugh:

Plus I think the regular Passats are kind of nice looking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts