Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just put the 5.0 on the Dyno and it pulled a constant 422,423 all three pulls. I only have 600 miles on the car so maybe it will increase a little after a few thousand miles on it. I was a little skeptical at first when I bought the SCT tuner from Lethal Performance with a custom tune. I always brought my cars straight to the Dyno for custom tuning but they said Jon Lund was a very good tuner for these cars so I went that route.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Congrats! That's good power with some bolt-ons and tune. You didn't happen to run a baseline before the tune, did you?

I can't wait to get my CAI and SCT tuner and get it back to the dyno to see what gains are to be had. I'm getting the tuner with semi-custom tune from Brenspeed, but will also have a pro tuner available to make adjustments as necessary.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats! That's good power with some bolt-ons and tune. You didn't happen to run a baseline before the tune, did you?

I can't wait to get my CAI and SCT tuner and get it back to the dyno to see what gains are to be had. I'm getting the tuner with semi-custom tune from Brenspeed, but will also have a pro tuner available to make adjustments as necessary.
Unfortunately I did not get the baseline first. I installed everything and then went to the Dyno.

·
Registered
344 Posts
"awesome!"

Hey guys,

Just put the 5.0 on the Dyno and it pulled a constant 422,423 all three pulls. I only have 600 miles on the car so maybe it will increase a little after a few thousand miles on it. I was a little skeptical at first when I bought the SCT tuner from Lethal Performance with a custom tune. I always brought my cars straight to the Dyno for custom tuning but they said Jon Lund was a very good tuner for these cars so I went that route.
Hello Imsuperman, Congratulations! Very impressive numbers for so little mod's! These cars continue to absolutely amaze and suprise me with their power potential and capability! :yup: What's next in terms of mod's or are you completely satisfied with the power your BEAST is making? What a difference it is above 420+ rwhp don't you think? I know for me I really have to be on top of my game when I really want to get into the throttle. Do you think the same thing? Your off-road exhaust really opens things up a lot and like you said Jon Lund is definitely a very good tuner although I personally made less with his custom tune. I am glad his tune worked so very well for you. Like you said you should pick up at least another 5-10 rwhp once your 'Stang fully breaks in and certainly put you over the 400+ rwtq plateau as well. Congratualtions once again, thanks for sharing and good luck to you. Jack :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
that's some nice HP, Lund is a Very Good tuner!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello Imsuperman, Congratulations! Very impressive numbers for so little mod's! These cars continue to absolutely amaze and suprise me with their power potential and capability! :yup: What's next in terms of mod's or are you completely satisfied with the power your BEAST is making? What a difference it is above 420+ rwhp don't you think? I know for me I really have to be on top of my game when I really want to get into the throttle. Do you think the same thing? Your off-road exhaust really opens things up a lot and like you said Jon Lund is definitely a very good tuner although I personally made less with his custom tune. I am glad his tune worked so very well for you. Like you said you should pick up at least another 5-10 rwhp once your 'Stang fully breaks in and certainly put you over the 400+ rwtq plateau as well. Congratualtions once again, thanks for sharing and good luck to you. Jack :bigthumbsup
I don't think there is anything else more I can do with the car to make any more power besides adding a blower or nitrous. But I will have to wait for the warranty to be over for that.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I don't think there is anything else more I can do with the car to make any more power besides adding a blower or nitrous. But I will have to wait for the warranty to be over for that.
I know what you mean! I am considering changing the cams out for more aggressive ones however I will wait to see if the cost vs. power benefit leads me in that direction. :) Good luck to you and take care. Jack :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know what you mean! I am considering changing the cams out for more aggressive ones however I will wait to see if the cost vs. power benefit leads me in that direction. :) Good luck to you and take care. Jack :bigthumbsup
Thanks man. You too.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Awesome #'s bro. Do these engines typically start out lean? A few of the dynos like this one show the AF ratio way lean under 3000 rpm. Is this normal?

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Awesome #'s bro. Do these engines typically start out lean? A few of the dynos like this one show the AF ratio way lean under 3000 rpm. Is this normal?
I saw an A/F chart from an 011 Dyno run that did some pulls back to back, 1 with the stock air filter and 1 with a K&N and the latter had a bit richer air fuel under 3K

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
Nice numbers!!

I have the same mods (JLT CAI, Lethal 93 octane tune & 3" O/R X-pipe) as you except I have the Flowmaster 'Hushpower' axleback instead of the 'American Thunder'.

My car made 423 rwhp & 401 rwtq, but my numbers were STD not SAE.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Great numbers, Great color. Congratulations on a fine ride. I have the Jon Lund tune as well and think it is fantastic. My next item will be the Steeda CAI because that is the one difference between our cars. Without the CAI my numbers were 398 RWHP and 370 RWTQ.

Let us know what your next big mod is. Enjoy the ride!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.