Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The price was a no brainer on the Steeda springs. So I picked those up. From what I read and what Steeda told me they will help with the nose dive when braking along with the ride benefits. (Plus eliminate the 4x4 look on the stang).

My question is...should i do the shocks now. I know I "dont" have to, but should I? I have seen the Tokico anywhere from 120-150 per. So that is a total of 500+. I think I would rather spend that money on panhard bar, sway, or engine mods.

Whats opinion on keeping stock shocks vs changing them? Any benefits from just doing the front?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Most aftermarket spring suppliers say you can get away without using new struts.

My take is the the spring and strut/shock should be a matched pair. The function of the strut/shock is to take the bounce and ocsillations out of the spring. A spring has a frequency at which they vibrate and the strut/shock should be matched to this range.

Ford sells their K springs with a matched set of struts/shocks just for this reason.

With all that said, with the rather low increase in spring rate, I don't see any reason you really NEED to change them out now. You could wait and see what else comes availible from Bilstein and Koni or others that aren't out yet. Most performance units will be able to handle the job regardless of the spring used.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts