Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm trying to go from my current look to adding Matte Black Super Snake Stripes. They just arrived and now I'm wondering if I should pull the trigger. Opinions from those who have done it would be appreciated and for those who haven't....better with the stripes?

Attachments

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does look like it has more attitude. Did yours come that way? It looks really good. I got my stripes from Baltimore Street Mods. The guy who will put them on if I get the guts does most of the dealer work in the area.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I think it looks nice I always hated the double stripe but that looks good :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
883 Posts
BSM matte black Super Stripe

Attachments

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GrayPony, that would be the one except I got the kit for the full length of the car, bumpers included.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I think the stripes look cool :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I think without the stripes my white Mustang would look wayyyy too plain. Put them on, you'll be happy you did. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
32 Posts
bro go for it these stripes are sick if my stang didn't have the 2 stripes i will definetly put these on her :bounce2:

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
go for it i really like the look of the stripes

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
100% say I need to stop being a big puss and do it. I guess I'll pull the trigger when I get back home to Boise. Out of state right now. I'll post pictures when it's all done.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I'm a fan of them and would love to do it. I'm only debating on matte black vs a shiny black.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
100% say I need to stop being a big puss and do it. I guess I'll pull the trigger when I get back home to Boise. Out of state right now. I'll post pictures when it's all done.
John , Those would look really awesome, make you stand out from the crowd :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So, I've had the stripes and went to get them installed last Saturday and the installer stood me up, he didn't even come and open his shop. I found out he had some stuff going on but he still hasn't called me. I called another shop two days ago and left a message, no response. These are the best two installers in town and all the dealers and body shops send their stuff to them so thats who I wanted, weird. Maybe it's a sign not to get them installed. :shigrin

·
Registered
164 Posts
Does anyone have issues waxing their cars with these stripes on? Like does it leave them looking foggy or hazy? I want to get a set but I wax my car about once a month at least.

Thanks.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Does anyone have issues waxing their cars with these stripes on? Like does it leave them looking foggy or hazy? I want to get a set but I wax my car about once a month at least.

Thanks.
I'm not sure about the wax itself, but I had a guy detail my car and he used a buffer; part of the stripes on my hood look like they've been stripped of the gloss.

Be careful.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The care instructions that came with mine say:

The first week: Do not wash the stripes for a week after installation, this will allow the stripes curing time. If you wash to soon and the temp between the stripes and water are different you can shock the vinyl.

After one week you can hand wash the stripes but don't shock them with cold water if they are hot. You can spot clean with orange cleaner and paper towels, they recommend fantastik brand, orange wipes don't seem to work.

One month after install you can clean the stripes with the orange cleaner and paper towels and then wax the stripes by hand with a high quality liquid wax. NEVER USE A ROTARY BUFFER ON STRIPES. Try not to wax across the seams or edge but rather with them.

Long term: Do not let debris, bird feces, road grime or other substances sit on the stripes, this can cause a discoloration or permanent marks on the stripes.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Also, the guy who is going to install the clearbra on my car is going to install my stripes next Thursday. :bigthumbsup

1 - 20 of 21 Posts