Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I changed the valve cover gasket on my ol' 2.3 today. After making sure all of the hoses, linkages, nuts, and bolts were all securely tightened, I continued to try to start my car. I was able to get it to start, but I noticed that it was running a little rough. I let it run for a little while, and decided to take it out for a drive (to charge up the battery). When I put it in reverse it started to sputter and finally died. When I try to restart it, it acts like it wants to start but it can't. It turns over, and I can hear the fuel pump come on, but it won't start. I kept trying to start it, but wore the battery down again. I'm getting tired of all the problems this thing is giving me, however, I did only spend $300 for it.
Gotta Love These Old Fords!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Old?

My '65 is kinda old, but not my '87. It has less than 300,000 miles on it.

If your car was running OK before you replaced the valve cover gasket, it is almost certain that you hooked something up incorrectly or missed a hose connection. Go back over it again and be sure that all of the hoses and plugs are hooked up in the correct location. Most likely you will find the problem.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man!
That helps a lot!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Attitude!!!

Hey, man. I cannot see your car from here. Bring it over and I will be happy to take a look at it for you. If it was running well before you took all that stuff loose, you probably hooked something up wrong or left something off. Go back and re-check everything, then tell us what you find or how it is running. There are too many possibilities to just make a guess without additional information.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey man,
I really ment that! Your advice helps! Don't be so sarcastic!!:nono:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.