Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately, it looks like the toy is going to have to go away.

Over the past couple years, I have seen many people here and on other forums remove all their aftermarket accessories and sell them separate from the car. This is easily understandable with simple bolt ons, particularly if the car is going to a dealer as part of a trade in..

But what about when you have a fairly heavily customized car that you just need to sell outright? Does anyone have any insight as to which way to go?

I can pull the supercharger and sell that fairly easily, as well as supporting mods like the gauges, pillar pod, and even suspension and springs.. body kit, paint, and wheels will obviously stay on the car, and it probably isn't worth removing the underhood dress items like hood struts, strut tower covers, rad covers, etc as those don't add up to much in the used market..

On the other hand, the supercharger and all the supporting mods kind of make the car... I just don't know if I can get the best money out of it as a complete package or as parts..

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Unfortunately, it looks like the toy is going to have to go away.

Over the past couple years, I have seen many people here and on other forums remove all their aftermarket accessories and sell them separate from the car. This is easily understandable with simple bolt ons, particularly if the car is going to a dealer as part of a trade in..

But what about when you have a fairly heavily customized car that you just need to sell outright? Does anyone have any insight as to which way to go?

I can pull the supercharger and sell that fairly easily, as well as supporting mods like the gauges, pillar pod, and even suspension and springs.. body kit, paint, and wheels will obviously stay on the car, and it probably isn't worth removing the underhood dress items like hood struts, strut tower covers, rad covers, etc as those don't add up to much in the used market..

On the other hand, the supercharger and all the supporting mods kind of make the car... I just don't know if I can get the best money out of it as a complete package or as parts..

Any suggestions?
For me I'd sell the SC and put your Stang back to Stock. If I saw one for Sale with a SC on it I'd (assume) the Car was Beat on and would'nt go near it.
You may lose money on the SC but will gain money on selling your Stang, or better yet you (will ) sell your Stang.
Sorry about your Loss and Good Luck:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
you will probably make more money if you part it out, the value of the car really doesn't go up if you have mods into it, so this way you can recoup some of the money for the mods if you sell them seperate

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For me I'd sell the SC and put your Stang back to Stock. If I saw one for Sale with a SC on it I'd (assume) the Car was Beat on and would'nt go near it.
You may lose money on the SC but will gain money on selling your Stang, or better yet you (will ) sell your Stang.
Sorry about your Loss and Good Luck:bigthumbsup
Thanks

Because of an "in" with Kenne Bell, I got the supercharger for such a deal that I don't think I will lose any money. I have plenty of time to sell too, so I can wait for the right buyer.

If the rest of the car was fairly stock looking, it wouldn't even be a question.. but because of the way the car shows (and the low mileage) I am questioning which way to go.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I agree. take off the SC and sell it seperate

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I got the supercharger for such a deal that I don't think I will lose any money.
I have plenty of time to sell too, so I can wait for the right buyer.
Since you have the time (and didn't pay too much for the supercharger) first try to sell the car as-is. If it doesn't sell, then you can take it apart and try selling it that way.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Id say you prob need to sell the supercharger to me lol

·
Banned
708 Posts
If i was in the market for a GT , which obviously i'm not, but if i was your car would highly appeal to me the way it is...
I would want to but it like that as long as it was cared for and not beat on, and the way it looks to me you took care of this baby,especially with low mileage,sh it i'd be all over it...and you would save me thousands in mods....Oh and at the same time i would gladly pay a bit more then what the car was worth for the extra mods ......but again thats if the car meant my expectations...GL....and sweet car:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If i was in the market for a GT , which obviously i'm not, but if i was your car would highly appeal to me the way it is...
I would want to but it like that as long as it was cared for and not beat on, and the way it looks to me you took care of this baby,especially with low mileage,sh it i'd be all over it...and you would save me thousands in mods....Oh and at the same time i would gladly pay a bit more then what the car was worth for the extra mods ......but again thats if the car meant my expectations...GL....and sweet car:bigthumbsup
Thanks.

I have already had offers on the supercharger, but I think I will at least try to sell it with the supercharger on for a short time.. I had the car at a mechanic's shop a few weeks back and the mechanic told me a "fairly wealthy" customer of his was in and saw it and asked if it was for sale. I will have to get a hold of the guy and see just how interested he is..

As the day wears on and the weather continues to get nicer and nicer, it gets more and more difficult to think about selling it.. :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.