Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone hear of these guys or use any of their parts? I'm looking at their rear upper and lower control arms. Anyone have other suggestions for control arms? Steeda? (a little expensive) BBK?

G

·
yes, stay far-far away from ANYTHING from GMS, esp suspension parts....there have been many write-ups on the failure of GMS upper and lower control arms on several Mustang web sites, oh and I've seen steeda's stuff fail also.....Don't Be cheap when it comes to buying suspension parts, it's not just you're life your putting in "harms way" but the person in the other lane too.....

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steeda has a good reputation with parts though :headscratch: I have several of their suspension parts and they've all been great. What else is out there if even Steeda is recommended against? What about blue oval industries? Should I stick with Ford racing? (even though it does look very stock) BBK? UPR? (I would rather not use either)

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Apparently Joe Granatelli is a renowned racer....any reason why he would put his name on an apparently sh!tty product?

G

·
Apparently Joe Granatelli is a renowned racer....any reason why he would put his name on an apparently sh!tty product?
yes, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and lots of it too....
and it's not Andy but a nephew, (ahhh you edited your thread) no worries, so you meen "jr"....... if you want to find-out how bad there products are, google the name or visit some of the real racing forums like corral or modular depot and sea some pf the broken parts, poor welds and other wrongly engineered parts from gms and back- on the steeda thing, I've seen several of there aluminum lower control arms break at the reward bushing mount and it wasn't a weld failure but a failure of the metal itself.....

try suspension stuff from Maxium Motorsports, there a AFM vendor too;)

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've heard good things about Maximum motorsports. I'll look into them to see what they have. Otherwise...I may have to go steeda if anything. I would probably get their steel set as opposed to the aluminum since I don't race my car or anything. Even though less weight is always better...

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that is a pretty good price. and upr is a fairly well-known mustang parts company....I very well may consider a purchase in the next few days.

shiner...you always pull through :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I have many of Steeda's parts for my Mustang and I don't think that any of them look like they are bad quality. Just because Steeda doesn't make everything brightly painted or chromed out doesn't mean that they make a bad product.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So this is what I decided to go with.
Steel Upper & Lower Control Arm Combos - '79-'04 Ford Mustang

Should I buy new hardware when I do the install? I'm guessing I should. Is there any difference between the carriage bolts I can buy at the hardware store as opposed to the ones advertised specifically for control arms?

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
So this is what I decided to go with.
Steel Upper & Lower Control Arm Combos - '79-'04 Ford Mustang

Should I buy new hardware when I do the install? I'm guessing I should. Is there any difference between the carriage bolts I can buy at the hardware store as opposed to the ones advertised specifically for control arms?
Gearhead runs them on his cars, and I haven't ripped mine out yet. They are better than stock, but do as you please. Mine were replaced to cure severe wheelhop.

Yes, purchase some grade 8 bolts to replace them. Make sure you get a somewhat tight fit in your bushings.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know UPR makes them. Does anyone else?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.