Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great White Buffalo is the secret term whispered throughout the movie, Hot Tub Time Machine to represent "the one that got away". Ive had my 5.0 for about a week now and I was on my way back from San Diego to LA, and out in the open freeway with not a car in sight for miles (not really) the great white buffalo "ss" appeared in the distance in front of me..and eventually we meet.

My girlfriend is freaking out saying "dont babe, dont babe" as he is antagonizing, revving his engine, jumping ahead. Im trying to stay calm and not let the coyote loose, but my ego is getting to me. Im ignoring for about 2-3 minutes staying strong but the window is rolled down. At this point I feel my girlfriends eyes breathing on me with her arms folded. HE throws me a thumbs up and gives the sign of lets do this, Im already in sports mode ;) and my senses are tingling...hands caressing the shifter. This was it, what it all came down to...so I look back at him and....

after much delay looking at my girlfriend, back at the driver, back at my girlfriend, I signal that it cant happen, not today, not now...but I cant help think that this was the missed opportunity, the golden chance, gt vs ss, to finally prove superiority over the ss, for myself and mustangs everywhere...that SS and others alike would respect the badge (5.0) as they already should

Anyways, wanted to share my story and see if there were others like this, what was the outcome...could you withstand the urge or did you have the camaro respect the badge?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Great White Buffalo is the secret term whispered throughout the movie, Hot Tub Time Machine to represent "the one that got away". Ive had my 5.0 for about a week now and I was on my way back from San Diego to LA, and out in the open freeway with not a car in sight for miles (not really) the great white buffalo "ss" appeared in the distance in front of me..and eventually we meet.

My girlfriend is freaking out saying "dont babe, dont babe" as he is antagonizing, revving his engine, jumping ahead. Im trying to stay calm and not let the coyote loose, but my ego is getting to me. Im ignoring for about 2-3 minutes staying strong but the window is rolled down. At this point I feel my girlfriends eyes breathing on me with her arms folded. HE throws me a thumbs up and gives the sign of lets do this, Im already in sports mode ;) and my senses are tingling...hands caressing the shifter. This was it, what it all came down to...so I look back at him and....

after much delay looking at my girlfriend, back at the driver, back at my girlfriend, I signal that it cant happen, not today, not now...but I cant help think that this was the missed opportunity, the golden chance, gt vs ss, to finally prove superiority over the ss, for myself and mustangs everywhere...that SS and others alike would respect the badge (5.0) as they already should

Anyways, wanted to share my story and see if there were others like this, what was the outcome...could you withstand the urge or did you have the camaro respect the badge?
Good thing you weren't drinking a can of Chernobly... You would not have been able to resist taking him on :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I thought I was reading Penthouse Forum for a minute. How anticlimactic.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I thought I was reading Penthouse Forum for a minute. How anticlimactic.
I know right, I was waiting to read "my girlfriend would just have to deal and the race was on". :weeps

·
Registered
28 Posts
more restraint than I would have had. The wife would of had to just deal with it or me deal with her hostility. The out come either way would have been 5.0 rear end in his face
when in doubt just turn up the radio and pretend she wasn't even in the car its always easier to beg for forgiveness later

·
Registered
420 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yeah, no. My GF would have been more upset that she wasn't the one behind the wheel when it was GO TIME. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
81 Posts
As long it would had been my wife and me only (no kid on the car) ....

Wifey would had said "Smoke him ..." ... she likes the adrenaline ...

(I know she is a keeper .... ! ) :gringreen

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
If your girlfriend didn't "reward" you handsomely after the fact for showing so much restraint, you lose. Twice. :hihi:

·
Banned
902 Posts
Or could it be like the computer voice in 5th Element in Corbin Dallas' cab "You have 3 points left on your license..." holding him back...?

·
Registered
348 Posts
If your girlfriend didn't "reward" you handsomely after the fact for showing so much restraint, you lose. Twice. :hihi:
Agreed! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
69 Posts
My luck I would have ended up with a ticket :nono:

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Exactly. If the girlfriend didn't want to race she could have at least given you a non-pussified excuse for not taking up the gauntlet.

I think if that Camaro driver looked over and saw the girlfriend giving you highwayhummer he would have understood... :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
384 Posts
1. My wife would have likely been driving the 5.0 (Her car)
2. She would have smoked his ass without a second thought (given the circumstances)
3. I admire your restraint, though the GF would have had to just deal with it had it been me and I was driving.
4. My Wife is a keeper for sure :winks
5. I enjoyed the story. Well written though the ending was disappointing.

Edit - Agree with hammergjh 100% & Great White Buffalo = Good description for a Camaro :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the story is exactly how the moment felt...anticlimatic! :/ and yes i was rewarded, but decision is still regretted..but my gf is the yin to my yang...once my adrenaline is pumping, god knows how far i would go to win as she knows my competetiveness....great white buffalo

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Or could it be like the computer voice in 5th Element in Corbin Dallas' cab "You have 3 points left on your license..." holding him back...?
big court date next week for speed contest doesnt help (pleaded not guilty)

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
My old signature line was, At 6000RPM the blower sings like a Valkyrie, the exhaust roars like a NASCAR, and no one can hear the screams coming from the passenger seat.:gringreen

·
Registered
406 Posts
Very entertaining read, but I for one totally don't get this urge to pick up races on the highway.

I've been passed by a bunch of camaros and a few japanese cars, who maybe would have been up for it, and never had the slightest temptation to engage.

Maybe I'm getting old, I don't know, but if some doosh gets off by revving and dissing me at the lights or on the freeway, good luck to him, I ain't gonna put myself at risk of a misdemeanor charge or worse to prove that my car is faster than his...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.