Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Tom and I am a Geezer. I totaled my car and started looking for a replacement about 5 weeks ago. My desire was a used car with 2 doors and a manual transmission to be my daily driver. I had been driving an Infiniti G35 sedan with an auto tranny. I liked the way it handled, got decent fuel economy and acceleration was ok. My wife drives an Edge that will handle the chores of a four door. Now is not the time to buy a house or a car, supply is low and prices are escalated. I couldn't find anything that checked all the boxes to get me excited in the used market. I like the looks of the Mustang and they appear to be reliable so we decided to test drive a new one. Al Packer Ford had a premium fastback with the High Performance Package and the 6 speed on the lot. My wife and I were impressed with the power, sound and comfort. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a depreciating asset, but my wife encouraged me to get something that I liked. So I ordered a 2022 Twister Orange fastback with the HP Package, 6 speed tranny, 101A, Forged 19" wheels, black cloth seats and last but not least, floor mats.

Our salesman Nate was great. He explained that it was too late to order a 2021. We discussed pricing and it seemed that ordering one was more cost effective than buying something off the lot. He printed out the build sheets for the 2022 models so I could get the codes and see what packages worked together. The only option I was not able to get is the magna ride, I am not wild about dark wheels and I am not sure about the suspension upgrades that come with the handling package like 6 piston calipers.

I joined AllFord Mustang forums to gain and share knowledge about our cars.

·
Administrator
8,911 Posts
Congratulations on your new order and welcome to the site Tom!

·
Registered
26 Posts
My name is Tom and I am a Geezer. I totaled my car and started looking for a replacement about 5 weeks ago. My desire was a used car with 2 doors and a manual transmission to be my daily driver. I had been driving an Infiniti G35 sedan with an auto tranny. I liked the way it handled, got decent fuel economy and acceleration was ok. My wife drives an Edge that will handle the chores of a four door. Now is not the time to buy a house or a car, supply is low and prices are escalated. I couldn't find anything that checked all the boxes to get me excited in the used market. I like the looks of the Mustang and they appear to be reliable so we decided to test drive a new one. Al Packer Ford had a premium fastback with the High Performance Package and the 6 speed on the lot. My wife and I were impressed with the power, sound and comfort. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a depreciating asset, but my wife encouraged me to get something that I liked. So I ordered a 2022 Twister Orange fastback with the HP Package, 6 speed tranny, 101A, Forged 19" wheels, black cloth seats and last but not least, floor mats.

Our salesman Nate was great. He explained that it was too late to order a 2021. We discussed pricing and it seemed that ordering one was more cost effective than buying something off the lot. He printed out the build sheets for the 2022 models so I could get the codes and see what packages worked together. The only option I was not able to get is the magna ride, I am not wild about dark wheels and I am not sure about the suspension upgrades that come with the handling package like 6 piston calipers.

I joined AllFord Mustang forums to gain and share knowledge about our cars.
Welcome aboard. Good choice, you will love it!

·
Administrator
5,102 Posts
Welcome @Elamcup and thank you for joining ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules if you haven’t already.
We encourage you to complete your Account Settings.
Do you need help posting? Please read this FAQ.

We’re happy you have chosen to be a part of our community.

·
Registered
2014 GT, 1967 Fairlane GTA
2,753 Posts
Welcome to the forum Tom.
Orange and black always looks awesome. What a beautiful car it will be. Unfortunately, you'll be waiting for a few months. I wouldn't be surprised if 4 months or more go by before you get it. Multiple reasons are making the built-to-order cars take a long time to deliver.
Dark wheels will look better with the orange imo and they don't stand out as much when they get dirty. The 6 piston calipers are Brembo brakes and are proven and effective designs so no worries there. The MagneRide would have been interesting but in all reality maybe it's better that you couldn't get it. It would be aggravating and someday ultimately costly to have any problems come up with such a high tech computer controlled suspension.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Greetings. I am thinking March for delivery too. I am patient and willing to wait for the car that I want. The car comes with summer tires so anytime after winter is over works for me, but I am prepared to get all season tires for it.

·
Super Moderator
8,418 Posts
Welcome to the forums from Texas.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the forum Tom.
Orange and black always looks awesome. What a beautiful car it will be. Unfortunately, you'll be waiting for a few months. I wouldn't be surprised if 4 months or more go by before you get it. Multiple reasons are making the built-to-order cars take a long time to deliver.
Dark wheels will look better with the orange imo and they don't stand out as much when they get dirty. The 6 piston calipers are Brembo brakes and are proven and effective designs so no worries there. The MagneRide would have been interesting but in all reality maybe it's better that you couldn't get it. It would be aggravating and someday ultimately costly to have any problems come up with such a high tech computer controlled suspension.
Yesterday I received the week of January 17, 2022 build date from Ford

·
Registered
2014 GT, 1967 Fairlane GTA
2,753 Posts
I hope it comes sooner than later for you but the built date isn't set in stone and the delivery date is unreliable according to others posting on here. The modules(with accompanying chips) take more time to arrive so your car will likely get built and then sit on a lot for a while somewhere waiting for those necessary modules to be installed.
It'll be a sweet looking car when it eventually arrives though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts