Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that my lovely white stripes were beginning to look rather gray/brown. Just all around dirty. While washing my car, no amount of scrubbing would make the stripes white again.

A quick call to my dad yielded the response, "yeah, I remember that problem, go get some 'nu-finish' and use it on the stripes."

Sure enough, stripes are white again and I'm happy. Prolly could'a used it on the whole car, but I didn't really have the patience for that today... Then we got a severe thunderstorm. At least the stripes are clean.

Anyway, what about you guys. Anyone have any similar problems/solutions?

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I did. First few times, there were some products that worked to brighten them. A year later, I've begun the process of removing them. Stripes are only good for a few years, and mine have been on for 5 now, since the original owner bought it. They had seen better days. Just plan on getting them replaced in a year, as some of those products like "Nu-Finish" work great, but are even harder on the vinyl over time.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I am in the same exact situation Chris. The stripes have been on the car for 5 years and on the trunk they are begining to peel at the corners. I plan on ordering a stripe kit from AM soon, just shopping around for a place to have them installed. I dont wanna do it myself and F it up:laugh: I dont want to pull them off until I must. I think my car would look so plain without them. Plus they've been on the car so long the the white underneath will probably be whiter than the rest of the car.

Also, I've noticed the clay bar followed by some sort of spray wax (I like Meguiars quick wax)will make the black stripes nice again.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I am in the same exact situation Chris. The stripes have been on the car for 5 years and on the trunk they are begining to peel at the corners. I plan on ordering a stripe kit from AM soon, just shopping around for a place to have them installed. I dont wanna do it myself and F it up:laugh: I dont want to pull them off until I must. I think my car would look so plain without them. Plus they've been on the car so long the the white underneath will probably be whiter than the rest of the car.

Also, I've noticed the clay bar followed by some sort of spray wax (I like Meguiars quick wax)will make the black stripes nice again.:bigthumbsup
I hear that! I'm gonna grab one of our stripe kits as well. I'm curious what install costs will be. I'm way too impatient for a lob-sided stripe install. I'll let the pros do it! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When you find out what a stripe application costs, lemme know.

I also need to make sure they take off the hood scoop and put the stripes UNDER it, instead of AROUND it like the last peopel who installed it.

The stripe kinda crumples up around the scoop.... annoys me...

·
Registered
603 Posts
AMChrisRose, I think you should look at the SuperSnake style to go with your new spoiler if you do stripe it. Also avoid what a guy in our club deals with allllllll the time at shows and in parades, "Look, it's BumbleBee". lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts