Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I recently started to hear a grinding noise, almost like a bad rotor but not quite, from the passenger side read wheel (I think, from the back anyway). I recently (last week) had my front brakes replaced and my passenger side from rotor replaced. The noise is most obvious at low speed but then disappears as the car gets to highway speeds. There doesn't appear to be a braking component to it, or maybe just a little. Cant really tell.

This happened right after a trip of about 200 miles, then the car sat for a day, and now this. Any ideas?

Thanks! 1999 GT, 154,000 miles.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
probably the axle bearings need replacing, at 154K be ready to fix anything and everything at any moment...I've literally replaced every component on my Cobra at least once

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yikes! After searching the internet what do you think about the Brake Dust Shield covers? Could these have been bent when the tech checked the back brakes and causing this annoying noise?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yikes! After searching the internet what do you think about the Brake Dust Shield covers? Could these have been bent when the tech checked the back brakes and causing this annoying noise?
Definately an easy thing to check but I doubt it. Sounds like an axle bearing going out on you like mentioned before.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts