Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I need some help so I have an 08 mustang gt/cs it has 88 thousand miles. I’ve had the car for 5 months. Pretty much baby it and only drive from work to home. Recently i started to hear a grinding noise while driving. It starts only when in low RPM then it goes away quick. Took it to the dealer being it had a warranty. They said the transmission was bad. The synchros were bad. Ok cool warranty replaced the transmission with a refab. I get the car back clutch pedal and break pedal hit the floor. They tell me oh air in the line. Fine they take it back call me the next day. Tell me it’s ready for pick up. I get in the car clutch pedal feels weird kinda squishy. I take it back service writer takes it for a test drive. Told me the tech said there is air in the line still I have to pump it. ******** I know I drive it home still makes the noise. Take it back he tells me the tech said it might be cam phasers. I can’t even put it in gear. I had to sit there and let the car run a while for it to put it in first. Then still hear the grinding noise. It’s at the dealer now that I had to have it towed. Any thoughts what this might be. I have worked on cars before but this is above my knowledge. Any help will be great full thank you

·
Super Moderator
1,630 Posts
Welcome to AFM!
Please read the Site Rules and be sure to complete your account details.
We’re glad you’ve joined us.

I moved your post to the proper area. This should get better responses.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
At the beggining of your post, it sounds exactly like the classic "dust shield " rattle and or scrapping sound that usually occurs with our models at low cold rpms until everything gets up to temp. Then you won't hear it again till next cold run.
It's located between the tyranny and flywheel, if I'm not mistaken.
I did a search in this forum, put in "dust shield ", then crawled underneath to check it out. I found a bolt hole with no bolt at about the 4 or 5 o'clock position. Got a stainless steel nut,bolt and washer, snugged it up, sound never returned.
Let me warn you and anyone else, I'm very cynical, after reading the rest of your post, I feel the dust plate is your problem and they tore into your perfectly good transmission and screwed it up and now they're eyeing the front of your engine.
Good luck. Keep us posted. Others should be along soon to offer help.

Reactions: MustangLife

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At the beggining of your post, it sounds exactly like the classic "dust shield " rattle and or scrapping sound that usually occurs with our models at low cold rpms until everything gets up to temp. Then you won't hear it again till next cold run.
It's located between the tyranny and flywheel, if I'm not mistaken.
I did a search in this forum, put in "dust shield ", then crawled underneath to check it out. I found a bolt hole with no bolt at about the 4 or 5 o'clock position. Got a stainless steel nut,bolt and washer, snugged it up, sound never returned.
Let me warn you and anyone else, I'm very cynical, after reading the rest of your post, I feel the dust plate is your problem and they tore into your perfectly good transmission and screwed it up and now they're eyeing the front of your engine.
Good luck. Keep us posted. Others should be along soon to offer help.
See they said it needed a new transmission. The tech said he couldn’t get it into second. Which is bs. I drove that car around with that noise no issue. Just the noise now I’ve let the car warm up. But the noise would still be there. They have the car now so let’s see what other lies they come up with.

·
2,805 Posts
I have to agree with above. If you had no issues driving, but just a noise it was likely a loose part as mentioned and now that they gave you a refurb trans you are having issues. If you are having issues getting into gear this is not a cam phaser or any engine issue it is solely 100% a trans issue. If your dealer is pointing getting into gear issues at the engine you need a new dealer ASAP!! RUN!!! RUN as fast as you can away and don't forget your car...

Reactions: Jeremy Weigel

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have to agree with above. If you had no issues driving, but just a noise it was likely a loose part as mentioned and now that they gave you a refurb trans you are having issues. If you are having issues getting into gear this is not a cam phaser or any engine issue it is solely 100% a trans issue. If your dealer is pointing getting into gear issues at the engine you need a new dealer ASAP!! RUN!!! RUN as fast as you can away and don't forget your car...
The crazy part it’s the same issue like nothing different I don’t understand it my wife works at a dealer she’s said she’s going to handle these fools I am an officer and can’t afford to lose my cool on them

·
2,805 Posts
The crazy part it’s the same issue like nothing different I don’t understand it my wife works at a dealer she’s said she’s going to handle these fools I am an officer and can’t afford to lose my cool on them
Does your wife work for this dealer or a different one? I see you are in VA so not super close by, but there are a couple dealers here in NC I have a decent relationship with that have done some string pulling in the past and did most of the right things...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts