Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 05 v6 is making a loud grinding noise from the undercarriage. This only happens when there are passengers in the car or when I am alone and go over dips. It is loud and sounds like something is rubbing on the driveshaft. It only happens when the car is in gear and moving. My dealer installed an exhaust dampening kit, but it didn't fix the problem. Anyone else out there with the same issue??

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
yeah check and see what your clearence is when the car is sitting. make sure nothing is hanging down. How may miles on the car?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
reswan01 said:
My 05 v6 is making a loud grinding noise from the undercarriage. This only happens when there are passengers in the car or when I am alone and go over dips. It is loud and sounds like something is rubbing on the driveshaft. It only happens when the car is in gear and moving. My dealer installed an exhaust dampening kit, but it didn't fix the problem. Anyone else out there with the same issue??
how heavy are the folks in the car? if it's that and over dips, it's probably the tire rubbing the fenderwell when the suspensions sacked out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.