Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i gotta a question for you guys. I just got me a set of 17' chrome bullits for my mustang. The wheels w/ tires are 13 lbs. heavier than my other 16' rims w tires. Problem is that they are slowing me down a little bit. My car looks incredible but i want it faster. What would be the quickest way but keep in mind i want it naturally aspired no supercharger yet but that is possible in the future. My car is 2001 v6 mustang auto, K&N FIPKII, True dual exaust... and thats it besides visual mods tinted windows, bumber inserts, etc blah blah... Thanks 4 the help guys

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Nur_Stang said:
Hey guys i gotta a question for you guys. I just got me a set of 17' chrome bullits for my mustang. The wheels w/ tires are 13 lbs. heavier than my other 16' rims w tires. Problem is that they are slowing me down a little bit. My car looks incredible but i want it faster. What would be the quickest way but keep in mind i want it naturally aspired no supercharger yet but that is possible in the future. My car is 2001 v6 mustang auto, K&N FIPKII, True dual exaust... and thats it besides visual mods tinted windows, bumber inserts, etc blah blah... Thanks 4 the help guys
What's your budget?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would like to stay under another thousand if possible. Only problem is there is not no really good shops around here in North Fort Myers, FL. I just want to make it move alot faster. So im looking for around 1,000 or so, but i can go more if needed.

Thanks ks your always helpn me

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Nur_Stang said:
I would like to stay under another thousand if possible. Only problem is there is not no really good shops around here in North Fort Myers, FL. I just want to make it move alot faster. So im looking for around 1,000 or so, but i can go more if needed.

Thanks ks your always helpn me

See, here's the thing.

If you WERE to go SC, you'd want to leave the gears to around 3.27.

So that leves you with 2 options outside of the gear.

You can lighten up the rotational mass by going to 2-piece rotors at the rear (200), an aluminum or carbon fiber driveshaft (250 al-500 cf), and an aluminum flywheel (all of which will help you out a bunch, no matter your engine combination)

Or you can throw in 1.8RRs, and port and polish your intake manifold, and maybe swap out the cam and do a port/polish (without the 1.8 roller rockers) for around the same kind of money.

you'd probably BE faster with the 1st scenario, you'd FEEL faster, for sure with the second.

If you are for sure you're not going to go SC, then swap out the gears and you may have money for another item above.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, wow i love the lengthy replies, so much good information. Well im gonna be getting a new car (07 cobra but i dono the 07 challenger's look preatty darn good). So i dont think im gonna end up sc my car. My loan for my car is just gonna get signed over to my gf and she can take the payments and the car )same household :dunce: . But i still want to make it fast. I dont know any shops around here that can put in gears and a detroit locker in my mustang. Hey kscoyote tell me if this is a good choice please...AHH where can i get gears installed at...North Fort Myers grrr...lol

Mods done- Dual Exaust, K&N FIPKII
Mods to come in order - 3.73s, detroit locker, udp's and take a break from there until i start with changing drive shaft and flywheel stuff
thanks man

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Nur_Stang said:
OK, wow i love the lengthy replies, so much good information. Well im gonna be getting a new car (07 cobra but i dono the 07 challenger's look preatty darn good). So i dont think im gonna end up sc my car. My loan for my car is just gonna get signed over to my gf and she can take the payments and the car )same household :dunce: . But i still want to make it fast. I dont know any shops around here that can put in gears and a detroit locker in my mustang. Hey kscoyote tell me if this is a good choice please...AHH where can i get gears installed at...North Fort Myers grrr...lol

Mods done- Dual Exaust, K&N FIPKII
Mods to come in order - 3.73s, detroit locker, udp's and take a break from there until i start with changing drive shaft and flywheel stuff
thanks man
Florida?

Go to Yahoo Custom Autos, and click on installers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.