Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am new to owning a 1992 Mustang LX 5.0. I am considering building a stroker motor and am concerned about pruchasing the correct aftermarket cylinder heads. I have been steered in the direction of GT-40 X303 or AFR's. Anyone have any comments as to which lends itself better to performance? Please advise.

Duane

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Welcome to the site! The gt40x's are good heads but the afr's are the better heads in this comparo. If you can afford them I would go with the afr's.

·
Registered
176 Posts
There is one gt40x303 and many afr's... which one have you been steered to, and who is the person steering you in the AFR direction.
Depending on your goals, there are many others which perform better than AFRs out of the box.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Depends on what exact engine size and what you want out of it as to which one would do better. Things being equal, the AFR does outdo the GT40 heads but it really depends on everything else.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Although AFR's are pretty popular, a lot of pro builder won't use them because of quality control issues. Problems like broke springs and broken studs. I use Dart Pro-1 heads. I've also used Edelbrock with excellent results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.