Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey this is my first time using this forum and i am about to buy a set of gt brake set off this guy who just bought a set of brembos for his gt and now hes selling them to me. Before i buy them off him i was wondering if they will be a direct fit to my mustang? Would i need to do any mods? I have svt cobra rims on my v6 (2007 model) please if someone be able to help me it would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
10,110 Posts
pretty sure they are a direct fit

be prepared to bleed the lines after you swap out the calipers

if you have to mess with the calipers at all (example, new pads) see "rear brakes dragging after new pads" thread in 2005-2010 talk forum

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
you should be good on the fitment of the brake components, make sure you have 17 inch rims as I don't think the 16 inchers that come stock on some v6 cars will clear the GT calipers. I could be very wrong but just throwing that out there. good luck.. and welcome to the forum

·
Registered
883 Posts
Calipers are the same, rear rotors are the same.
You will only need to swap the front caliper brackets for the larger rotor. As stated above... you must be running 17" wheels.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Is he selling you the rotors too? All you need to upgrade to the GT brakes is the GT caliper brackets and a set of GT rotors. The calipers themselves are the same for the GT and V6.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you should be good on the fitment of the brake components, make sure you have 17 inch rims as I don't think the 16 inchers that come stock on some v6 cars will clear the GT calipers. I could be very wrong but just throwing that out there. good luck.. and welcome to the forum
Thanks alot i have the 19 inch svt rims, so im guessing it should be fine

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is he selling you the rotors too? All you need to upgrade to the GT brakes is the GT caliper brackets and a set of GT rotors. The calipers themselves are the same for the GT and V6.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Yea hes giving me everything, well at least what the big break conversion makes him take off. So a i need to change is the rotors and calliper brackets?

·
Registered
883 Posts
front rotors & front caliper brackets... rears are the same

·
Registered
714 Posts
+1; the ONLY things you need to change are the front rotors and front caliper brackets. EVERYTHING else is the same as a GT.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts