Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to change up the front end of my Mustang, but I can't decide between the GT CS or Roush front. The price for either conversion is comparable. What does everyone think?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I've always liked ROUSH but I saw a GT/CS front end the other day on a modded stang with grayish rims and the front end looked awesome.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'm going with the GT/CS look to keep it OEM plus the theme of our project car is yellow/black.

If you decide to go with the GT/CS let me know and I'll hook you up with a good deal on the necessary parts. We are working on putting together a complete kit that includes everything except the necessary GT bumper.

·
Registered
56 Posts
When you say Roush conversion, do you mean you have to buy the GT front bumper to install the grille? I've been looking at this one,
ROUSH Performance: 7 Bar Billet Upper Grille
and it doesn't say whether it is specific to the GT or V6, though it does say factory fog lamps are removed, leading me to believe it is for the GT. Anyways, I prefer the GT/CS over the Roush, but in the end I just want to do whichever one is cheaper.

This is a good deal, seeing as it fits the V6 right out of the box.
11 2011 Mustang OEM Ford Dark Stainless Billet Grille | eBay

It isn't stainless steel unfortunately.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When you say Roush conversion, do you mean you have to buy the GT front bumper to install the grille? I've been looking at this one,
ROUSH Performance: 7 Bar Billet Upper Grille
and it doesn't say whether it is specific to the GT or V6, though it does say factory fog lamps are removed, leading me to believe it is for the GT. Anyways, I prefer the GT/CS over the Roush, but in the end I just want to do whichever one is cheaper.

This is a good deal, seeing as it fits the V6 right out of the box.
11 2011 Mustang OEM Ford Dark Stainless Billet Grille | eBay

It isn't stainless steel unfortunately.
Sorry, I meant the actual Roush bumper, not just the grille. I am actually planning to keep my pony package grille.

·
Registered
2013 Mustang V6 Brembo
2,543 Posts
GT/CS looks awesome with the Pony Package Grille

I originally was going to put the Roush front bumper on mine until I saw the Grabber Blue CS they had at Barrett Jackson. And after checking prices it is cheaper to do the GT/CS than the Roush, even after doing the Boss Splitter I was still ahead of the game.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That definitely looks good. I am still looking around and checking prices. The complicating factor is that I live in Canada. My plan is to find a discounted Roush bumper or GT takeoff that I can pick up in Detroit which is fairly close to where I live; they have a lot of take off/surplus bumper retailers in the Detroit area.

The main advantage of the Roush conversion is that I can pick up the foglights at my dealership for $63 each, which is comparable to the online prices ($~59) and without the shipping. The CS valance with fogs is more complicated because it costs close to $500 at my dealership, and shipping it from the US is also expensive.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Go with the GT/CS, the Roush is too similar to the V6 front end

·
Registered
2013 Mustang V6 Brembo
2,543 Posts
At least $150 less to get it while you are picking up the bumper on the US side of the border :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm assuming that the stock pony package fog lights won't fit into the CS valance. Is that the case or can they be made to fit with some extra persuasion?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I much prefer the GT/CS
I just love how it looks

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Go with whatever you like the most. The grin you get when you go around your vehicle to start up your engine is priceless!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks like I am going to go with the GT CS front. Best to keep things OEM and I've located the parts I will need. Now it's just a matter of driving down to Detroit and hoping the take off bumper is in as good condition as the guy on the phone said it is.

Also, I found out that you can create a virtual mailbox at a UPS store and then only pay a $5 fee when you pick up your product. Sure beats paying 2x what the product cost is for shipping to Canada. Just in case any Canucks read this thread.

·
Registered
837 Posts
To me, the price was NOT comparable. I feel the Roush front looks unfinished unless you also purchase the lower grille and splitter.

If it were me, I would have waited to get the Roush. It was silly of me to not have foreseen the trend that was beginning to gain traction when I first put on the GT/CS. Now, everybody and their mama has the GT/CS front.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah I actually forgot about the splitter and lower grille for the Roush, which is another reason I am now leaning away from it.

Also it is just much easier to find a takeoff GT bumper than it is to locate a cheaper Roush (at least in black UA)

And I don't worry too much about everyone making the same change; around here I don't see too many CS GTs and definitely no V6s with the CS front.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I really like the Steeda front end, but I think it's too expensive, even with the discount right now.

The Steeda front end still captures the V6 look, but with more aggression, yet not extreme. Just right.

·
Registered
719 Posts

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If I go with the Roush can I reuse all of the mounting hardware (pins, screws, etc.) from the stock bumper?

·
Registered
254 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts