Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Based on all the info I have read on this forum, I am really disappointed in the versatility of the Shaker audio system. I wanted to have a direct xm radio connection to the system, but it is apparent that delphi didn't think that far ahead when they developed this system.

I just placed my order for a 2006 GT premium coupe. Now I am considering changing that to a deluxe with the leather seat option and a standard radio/CD player. That way I can get a really good after market sound system that is xm/sirius ready.

My question is, are the only differences between the deluxe and the premium the seats and the audio system.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Zrullac said:
Based on all the info I have read on this forum, I am really disappointed in the versatility of the Shaker audio system. I wanted to have a direct xm radio connection to the system, but it is apparent that delphi didn't think that far ahead when they developed this system.

I just placed my order for a 2006 GT premium coupe. Now I am considering changing that to a deluxe with the leather seat option and a standard radio/CD player. That way I can get a really good after market sound system that is xm/sirius ready.

My question is, are the only differences between the deluxe and the premium the seats and the audio system.
Leather sport buckets and the shaker 500 are the only difference, not much for 1500 bucks if you ask me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Is the GT Deluxe + leather option the same perforated leather as the GT Premium leather?

I was thinking of the deluxe and adding leather, but did not want the V6 style leather seating surface.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've seen a few V6 coupes with leather (V6 premium - I think) and the leather seats were not as nice.

I would like to save the cash by adding leather to a GT deluxe, but I want the same seats as the GT Premium.

Does anyone know??

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've got the GT Deluxe with the leather option and it's the same leather as the GT Premium. I added a 10" sub in the trunk and Pioneer DEH-P8600MP stereo. I did the installation myself and only cost me around $500 for both. The only thing I want to do is update the stock speakers, but they are good enough for now. I was able to get the side air bags and the active anti-theft for the cost of the Shaker and I'm really I went that route. No Shaker problem here...

·
Registered
191 Posts
When I was considering a V6 I was going to go with the ICAP option because you get the same leather as the GT. Otherwise, I agree, it's not as nice.

·
Registered
333 Posts
P.I.E just released a direct connect adapter to access the AUX feature on the shaker units.SO you now can connect directly to siruis or XM with a separate tuner...Premium also gives you IUP which deluxe does not if memory serves me well

·
Registered
20 Posts
You can get IUP on the deluxe and premium. I know since I have a GT deluxe with the IUP option. It does not come standard with the premium package.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
pcfrisch said:
Leather sport buckets and the shaker 500 are the only difference, not much for 1500 bucks if you ask me.
My thoughts exactly. I bought the interior upgrade package with the Deluxe, didn't want the shaker. The IUP has leather, my color, brushed aluminum, etc.

I don't do the stoplight "ghetto boom" thing, so no need for the shaker. The stock system is loud enough that you can't talk over it, and sounds good. Not like a nice aftermarket, but good.

·
Registered
418 Posts
My GT has leather interior but doesn't have all the brushed aluminum accents. I guess they are neat but I just like the bare bones feel from the GT without it. It's like no frills, just speed.

Hey this is my 100th post.:clap

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well,

I went to the dealership on Friday and talked to the sales manager. After discussing the differences in the two packages I changed my order from a GT premium to GT deluxe. He actually had to cancel the first order. When he started typing in the new order it remembered the old and asked if he wanted to keep the same order date, priority and order number. He said yes, so I didn't lose my place in line for my new car. Sweet!!!. All I did was lose the Shaker system, and gained the standard 4 speaker single CD am/fm radio. I'll rip that out and put in an after-market satellite compatible. I also had a change of heart on the interior color. I went from light graphite to dark charcoal. I asked about the ford bullit wheels with the hub spinner, and the dealer said that was an after sale accessory and with tax and mounting the wheels cost $210.00 per wheel. I really like that look but not for that kind of dough. How much do you think I could sell my 17" bright machined upgrade wheels for on ebay. That would be the only way I would be able to get those wheels.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I came here to try to find out the difference between the GT Deluxe and the GT Premium.
I did not know there were two GTs.
I just bought a 1006 Mustang GT Convertible and the first I heard of the two levels was when the insurance person asked me which one this is.
How do I find out?
What is the difference?
Mine has the 4.6 V-8.
The original sound system is in a box I have not opened, so I don't know what it is.
Previous owner added a higher-end Pioneer system and huge woofer in the trunk.
I believe it is leather, but it can be hard to tell on some cars these days.
Thanks!

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
The most obvious difference is the "leather" seats. If they look sort of like leather, and do NOT look like cloth, then it is the "premium" model.

Insurance rates really shouldn't be much different, especially on a 10-year-old car (I assume you meant 2006, not 1006, LOL)

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I just bought a 1006 Mustang GT Convertible and the first I heard of the two levels was when the insurance person asked me which one this is.
1006 model year Mustang Premium ↓↓↓

(couldn't resist) >:)

Norm

Reactions: MustangLife
1 - 18 of 18 Posts