Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Essentially, without much detail, the manual suggests 1,000 miles of break-in time. I plan to follow the suggestion - then considering an oil change with synthetic. What are your opinions on break-in? And from those of you with experience - does the engine get stronger (more HP) after break-in? Thanks - this is my first (new) performance car.

·
Registered
625 Posts
let me tell you, these thing HAUL ASS. i was driving her today and in what felt like less then 2 seconds i was going 45, i try not to speed in her because my mom does not want me too, but it is SOOOO hard not to rip up the streets. i also want to race someone and everytime i take her out i look for a new GTO. it is the only car i really want to race in it and i bet it would be a great race.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Hate to say it but I think a new GTO would run away from the new stang. They have 50 more horse and I think the 05 even has more LS2... :sterb:

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
dollarbill said:
Hate to say it but I think a new GTO would run away from the new stang. They have 50 more horse and I think the 05 even has more LS2... :sterb:

The GTO that's out wont beat an 05 in a race... the nerwer one that isnt out yet, cant say 50 more hp means nothing. The GTO weighs a buttload 350 hp behind that boat is equivelnt to a stang with 270 hp.

The new GTO with 400 hp... thats could be another story but it has a 6.0 engine it's huge!! WEIGHT

But again hp means nothing in racing, it's the transfer of power, gears I'd say if his 05 GT ever met up with one of them on a off the line he would crush it. howver the GTO is pretty torquie and can use that to it's advnatage to prolly outrun the stang in the lng long run.

as for breaking in. 1000 keep it under 65 mph do oil change at 1000 miles as they suggest.

·
Registered
914 Posts
HP is not everything, my brother-in-law has an M45 which has 340 HP, but can't even come close to keeping up with the Mustang. I also had the pleasure of toasting a BMW M3 a couple of weeks ago and he was really winding it up - acutally it was a three way race with him, me, and a guy on a motorcycle - needless to say the bike won, but I made it close enough to make it repsectable and I think the rider was more interested in checking out the looks on the Mustang than proving the obvious. It's a combination of torque, gearing, and of course - the driver.

Someone mentioned in another post that the car is a real headturner and I have been getting all kinds of looks and questions and I live in a neighborhood where there are Ferrari Enzos parked at my gym, and exotic cars are pretty common, so I think this model of Mustang is really going to be a hit.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
05BLACKGT01 said:
Uh oh, keep it under 65?:doh: :doh: I tried, I really,really tried to...Almost IMPOSSIBLE!
Yeah really - 80 MPH is there before you know it. Seriously, I think it's more important to avoid constant RPMs for a prolonged period and try not to rev near redline. I don't think driving over 65 is a problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts