Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done my homework and spent about an hour listening to different exhausts via "youtube". My only problem is that I have absolutely no idea how much of the sound levels are transmitted into the cabin. I really like the sound levels in the interior that came w/ the original GT setup, but I want freer flowing exhaust and a little louder is OK,... I just want to be able to talk w/o shouting when the top is down and listen to my CW satellite radio stations, or for that matter, when it is up! Any advice from anyone, (especially the 'vert drivers)?

Thanks
flyboyjack

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
The FRPP GTA's increase sound without drone. You can hear them while accelerating, but in cruise they are just in the background. And the 4 inch tips look great.

Frank

·
Shelby Gt 350 member
9,239 Posts
I am a ripe ol 37 years old now and I am findig that I also am not a huge fan of the "race" exhaust I used to be. Of course I like a good rip though. I run the Magnaflow catted X pipe and axle backs with the OEM manifolds. At 75mph on cruise (2350rpm's) it's not intrusive at all. Roll on it to pass a car and it deepes up a bit and lets you know you have just started moving faster. But when it's time to rip it through a few gears, or better yet heal-toe a few high RPM downshifts it simply just rips! I like the X pipes because they make the motor sound more like a high reving Ero car type motor. The H pipes make the car sound more good ol American muscle car rock n roll.

Around town when driving "nice" it is pretty dam mellow though. I was surprised. I like it a lot.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I am losing my hearing as we speak. Kooks long tubes with catted h pipe and flowmasters.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
... I run the Magnaflow catted X pipe and axle backs ...
Which Magnaflow axle back?

Did you have to cut up the X-pipe pretty good to run the piping for the twin turbos? :D

I've had GTA's. No drone at all. They sounded good but I didn't feel they were much louder than stock. I swapped them out for FRPP 5GT's (Ford's version of the Borla Stingers) They sounded great at WOT and at idle. However the drone at highway speeds drove me nuts. After a few months I took them off and went back to the stock mufflers. I am going to stick with them for the time being.

·
Registered
290 Posts
i got the frpp stingers and they have a great sound to them.

·
Shelby Gt 350 member
9,239 Posts
Which Magnaflow axle back?
I have no idea, LOL:gringreen The day I got my car I drove my truck down to the shop, handed them a list of stuff I wanted:

exhaust
driveshaft
UCA
LCA's
Suspension
etc, etc, etc

I most cases I just run what they hand me. I wish my customers did that more, they always think they know what they need but don't understad the first thing about how a motorcycle suspension even works on a basic level, let alone what is good, bad, needed, etc;)

Did you have to cut up the X-pipe pretty good to run the piping for the twin turbos? :D
Yeah, that took hours! And it is a whole lot harder to weld titanium tubing than stainless:shigrin The worst part was runing the tubing up through the glove box and down the center consol though.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
528 Posts
If you don't want a loud exhaust then don’t get the following:

MAC's
SLP Loudmouths
Pypes Violators

I've tried all 3 at some point and time and they are significantly louder than the stock system (I ended up keeping the Pypes and Love them!!)

I'll keep my eye out for a good looking Grabber Orange vert around town!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.