Ford Mustang Forum banner

GT Fender Badges

2468 Views 17 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  MickMach
Has anyone replaced these with anything different? Pretty sure MickMach advised once that he replaced them with the tri-bar/Pony like the new Pony package but they had to be modified. I don't like the size of the "GT" - it's too big and just doesn't 'flow' with the car. Advice, opinions, etc welcome!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
i believe the holes on both line up... no mods needed... found a thread...

here ya go... scroll down to "BILL R"s post... he swapped his...
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47779&highlight=pony+emblem
Emblem

fordgrl99 said:
Has anyone replaced these with anything different? Pretty sure MickMach advised once that he replaced them with the tri-bar/Pony like the new Pony package but they had to be modified. I don't like the size of the "GT" - it's too big and just doesn't 'flow' with the car. Advice, opinions, etc welcome!
Put a 5.0 emblem :eyepoppin
seriously, any emblem you chose can be applied with 2 way tape. just cut off the studs and sand the back smooth.:smoke:
I replaced my GT badges with '4.6 NITROUS INJECTED' after I installed my nitrous system. It was easy and I think it looks great.
I replaced mine with the Tribar pony emblem from the 06 pony package. I really like the looks. They fit perfect in the holes from the GT emblem. Ford uses the same fender on the GT's and the v6's with the pony package.

I would eventually like to replace the rear GT badge with the Tri bar pony as well.
fordgrl99.... I used the tri-bar pony off the 04 Mach 1s....they are a bit smaller and I had a pair laying around... I work at my local Ford dealer bodyshop. We replace all emblems with new ones if they need to come off for painting. I didnt know the 06 pony package emblems were a direct fit or I might have gotten them...but its no big deal on putting on about any emblem you want. the holes are right above each other....small one..bigger one. I changed out the rear GT emblem also :eek:) my price was $23
now there's an idea. 5twenty where'd you get that? :tongue
5twenty said:
I replaced my GT badges with '4.6 NITROUS INJECTED' after I installed my nitrous system. It was easy and I think it looks great.
Do you have the part number for the V6 rear emblem? I want to do the same thing.
MickMach said:
fordgrl99.... I used the tri-bar pony off the 04 Mach 1s....they are a bit smaller and I had a pair laying around... I work at my local Ford dealer bodyshop. We replace all emblems with new ones if they need to come off for painting. I didnt know the 06 pony package emblems were a direct fit or I might have gotten them...but its no big deal on putting on about any emblem you want. the holes are right above each other....small one..bigger one. I changed out the rear GT emblem also :eek:) my price was $23
I just bought old school V8 emblems for my vert. I'm hoping there is enough material to cover the holes. I have a GT emblem off the coupe I can check it with before I install them.

Attachments

I replaced mine with a tribar pony, but not the ones from the Pony package. I did not want plastic emblems. The ones I got are from a 66 Mustang, and are metal.

Attachments

2horse... Where did you get the v8 emblems? I had decided to try to find them a couple of weeks ago but haven't got around to it yet.
2horseowner said:
I just bought old school V8 emblems for my vert. I'm hoping there is enough material to cover the holes. I have a GT emblem off the coupe I can check it with before I install them.
Heres the link

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/lrs.aspx?ref=mu&gotopage=/content_50_home.aspx

Click on Mustangs and look for Decals and Emblems. They are about 3 pages in.
brandobama said:
2horse... Where did you get the v8 emblems? I had decided to try to find them a couple of weeks ago but haven't got around to it yet.
http://blueovalindustries.com/products.php?pid=666&openparent=1282&dealer=blueoval

I think they look pretty good. I like to see people's faces when they read it. They all ask, "Does it really have nitrous?"
GTNOS said:
now there's an idea. 5twenty where'd you get that? :tongue
I really like the classy look of those, I really struggled between those and the '4.6 nitrous injected' emblems. Can't wait to see some pictures. If I liked it and changed mine it would be the second time I've blatantly copied your car. :worship Actually, I'll stick with mine for awhile, they get good reactions from people who don't believe cars can really have nitrous.
2horseowner said:
I just bought old school V8 emblems for my vert. I'm hoping there is enough material to cover the holes. I have a GT emblem off the coupe I can check it with before I install them.
Talked to the dealer when I picked it up last night. There are 2 part numbers for the emblems - was told that one applies with 3m tape, the other with studs. They ordered the Pony emblems for me and are going to 'install' at no charge. Sweet. :) Thanks for all the replies!
I replaced mine with original Cobra (real metal) emblems from a 68 Shelby. I got them from Mustang Depot. They look great and fit perfectly over the holes in the fenders. I also added the Cobra emblem to my new Street Scene grill which places the fog lights closer together and deletes the pony emblem.
I'm very tempted to have 42nd anniversary badges custom made for it. 06 is the 42nd production year for the mustang. As anyone who's read Douglas Adam's Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy knows- 42 is the answer to the question of life the universe and everything. It's kind of an inside joke, but to those of us in the know, it's really friggin funny!
no sir sure dont....just tell them you want the v6 cap....let them do the work for ya :)
bigplayrayr said:
Do you have the part number for the V6 rear emblem? I want to do the same thing.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top