Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help in locating a front bumper swap to GT step by step guide. I'm positive there is one in here just not finding it. Please help!

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Definitely look in ebay, they are usually a dime a dozen there. Easy to swap too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
um sorry, must have been unclear with question. I already have the gt bumper just looking for a step by step guide for the install. thanks!

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Its fairly easy. All you do is remove the bolts that are on top of the bumper. Then you need to unattach the side markers. Finally, there are two bolts underneth the bumper which you have to undo. Then just pull it off.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i just did this approximately a month ago and meant to take pics but didn't. as the post prior said, raise hood, remove bolts on either side of grill at top. then underneath, locate and d/c your turn signals. take out (4) bolts undernath on either side at the bracket where the turn signal lights are mounted. easier to do this with the front half of the splash shield off. then just very easily, remove the front bumper cover. if you are lucky, you wont have to drill the rivets out of the turn signal brackets which are part of the structure for holding the cover on. if you have to, then just replace them on the new bumper cover. re-install in reverse order being very careful not to scratch the bumper cover or fenders (a little blue painters masking tape will help a lot.) the old front inner fender liners can be used but it will look best if you get the GT specific liners and the GT bellypan with the attaching hardware. i got the belly pan, inner fender liners and hardware from KC @ clevenger ford. turned out really well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.