Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock honeycomb grill on my mustang.

I'm looking to change the grill though.

My first option was the V6 black grille insert from AM.
Black Mustang Pony Delete Billet Grille (10-12 V6)

however, after some looking around, I read that the GT grilles will fit on the v6 bumber.

Is this so? Because I would like to buy between these:

Roush

Saleen

Retro Billet

So to sum it up, would any of these previous 3 grilles fit on my stock v6 bumper? I think they're all great and I love the way these all look.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
however, after some looking around, I read that the GT grilles will fit on the v6 bumber.

Where did you read that at? I thought they didn't fit...

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Only the California Special's share the same grill as the V6.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I'm with you, I wanted the V6 but with the fog light GT grille.. the dealer said it would fit but it doesn't fit the facia and I dont' want to have to change the facia.

as far as I know, the factory 11' MCA stainless grille, the 11' GT/California Special Chrome grille, the Pony Grille, and the Base grille are all of the factory grilles that seem to fit inside the facia.

I think I'm getting the 12' GT/CS Black grille for my V6 Mustang.. (I assume it's the same as the 11' just black)

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Hmmm....is it fair to say then that none of the V6 grills will fit in the GT fascia unless it is the CS variant?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hmmm....is it fair to say then that none of the V6 grills will fit in the GT fascia unless it is the CS variant?
:bigthumbsupCorrect!

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I think I'm getting the 12' GT/CS Black grille for my V6 Mustang.. (I assume it's the same as the 11' just black)
Ditto. Might move the tri-bar pony emblem into the middle though.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Technically you could make any of gt only grills fit the V6 front fascia.......

It will just take some fabricating to do so. Unfortunately i don't want to spend the $200+ on the Saleen grill, just to chop it up, in a effort to make it fit.

·
0 Posts
they have used gt bumpers on ebay for $400 with free shipping you get the fog lights and everything all you need is the harness. but i dont think anyones really willing to go that far for a grille lol

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replys and answer guys.

I had my hopes pretty high for the roush/saleen grille. Oh well.

Also, I hadn't seen the '12 GT/CS grilles, so now I'll probably go with that one since i prefer factory over aftermarket.

I also don't want it to be chrome, I want it all black to match my stripes, so I guess that will be my next investment after my CAI.

Maybe I'll just paint the part on the side between the grill and the headlights black....thats one of the major reasons I wanted a GT grille. I'd invest in the GT bumper, but I have bottom foglights, so I dont want to get rid of those.

Again thanks for the rsponses guys.

·
Registered
650 Posts
they have used gt bumpers on ebay for $400 with free shipping you get the fog lights and everything all you need is the harness. but i dont think anyones really willing to go that far for a grille lol
Actually that take off part website lists the GT takeoff bumpers for like 175-190 if i remember correctly. You would just have to put your hands together and hope you get one with no blemishes/ scratches etc, plus buy the grill of your choice.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I'd invest in the GT bumper, but I have bottom foglights, so I dont want to get rid of those.

Again thanks for the rsponses guys.
The GT/CS bumper/valance actually has the smaller, bottom mounted fog light as well.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My Ford dealer quoted me $512 for a GT CS tuxedo black billet grille.
They are a direct fit for the V6's.
That was too much $$$ for me so for now I'm living with my Pony Package grille...

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
My Ford dealer quoted me $512 for a GT CS tuxedo black billet grille.
They are a direct fit for the V6's.
That was too much $$$ for me so for now I'm living with my Pony Package grille...
That's just crazy. There goes that idea...

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
On a related note, if I ever decide to buy the Roush front fascia, will my pony package grill fit into that? I actually like the pony package grill and would like to keep it.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
^ I don't believe so, but you'd have to research more because I'm not 100% sure.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The GT/CS bumper/valance actually has the smaller, bottom mounted fog light as well.
Would the ones I currently have installed fit on it though?

I bought these:
2010-2012 Mustang V6 OEM Style Fog Lights Kit

Not sure if they would fit with the GT bumper. I spent 300 on them, so I wouldn't want that investment to go to waste.

If they do fit, Id definitely go the GT bumper way.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
On a related note, if I ever decide to buy the Roush front fascia, will my pony package grill fit into that? I actually like the pony package grill and would like to keep it.
You need to get the GT/CS grill surround, it will also need to be trimmed a little to not see it behind the grille and then it will have to be plasic welded in or get the bumper clips for 1992 Ford Festiva
Grille Surround after trimming

Would the ones I currently have installed fit on it though?
If they do fit, Id definitely go the GT bumper way.
Different size, I have the CS bumper waiting to go on downstairs and the lights are definitely different.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts