Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I recently bought a GT Hood Scoop for my V6 (with the honeycomb insert) that comes with the 3M tape, two small screws and washers, I got it on ebay, but no instructions, no pics nothing! Could someone help me with some installation manual, maybe some pics (I guess I have to drill the hood right? because of the screws...)

Help will be really much appreciated folks

Thanks

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
I know with-in the last month someone posted up the instructions how to mount the Roush scoop. If made by someone else, try contacting that supplier.
Dave

·
Registered
175 Posts
you don't have to drill the hood, 3m tape is enough :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
833 Posts
Hi,

I recently bought a GT Hood Scoop for my V6 (with the honeycomb insert) that comes with the 3M tape, two small screws and washers, I got it on ebay, but no instructions, no pics nothing! Could someone help me with some installation manual, maybe some pics (I guess I have to drill the hood right? because of the screws...)

Help will be really much appreciated folks

Thanks
Is it the OEM scoop? It is both bolted and taped on.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Yeah I think I would feel better with a couple of bolts in it too. 3M tape is good stuff, but still...

·
Registered
273 Posts
I got the Roush scoop. It had the tape, but also 7 bolts. I would not install a scoop with just tape. I have heard a couple of stories about scoops installed with just tape flying off at speed. :nono:

·
Registered
657 Posts
Yes my factory GT hood scoop is bolted in place. I don't trust just tape to hold it on and neither does Ford.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks a lot for all the info...could someone tell me what kind and size are the bolts ?

Best Regards

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.