Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 1968 J code fastback mustang.The guy i bought it from said that he didnt think that it is a factory GT.Well the guy he bought it from told him it is a factory GT. I am not shure if it is a Gt or not. It has the gt pop open gas cap and the yellow fog lights in the grill and it has drum brakes front and back.Does any one know what else i can look for on the car to see if it is a GT or not. I just wanna know cause if it is a factory Gt im gonna restore it back to origanal if its not im gonna make it in to Eleanor.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Hello.Welcome.:)At a glance I would say no it isn't, because it has the wrong rear valence and the 'mustang' script on the front fender.But, those could have been replaced at some point.There was also an optional pop open gas cap for the non-GT mustangs in 68.It had the running pony with a brushed aluminium background.You could remove any doubt by getting a Marti report on the car.They would tell you if it was a GT, what color it was originally, what options it had from the factory, what day it was actually completed on,all of that stuff.Their web site is www.martiauto.com Hope that helps, and again, welcome.:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.