Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering...cause i usaully just have the outer lights on. Cops wont say anything if u have the fog lamps on right?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Depends on local laws. The last time I got pulled over was for driving with the fog lights on. It appears that it is illegal here to drive with them on unless weather conditions warrant it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
:eyepoppinYep I use them all the time at night... No Law here to prevent it...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nope. I almost never use them. The headlights on this car are pretty good. Now my Ranger is another story. I actually pulled out the "isolation" relay and replaced it with a jumper so I could have the fog lights and the highbeams on at the same time.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I almost always have them on. They add a huge amount of light, and I haven't had anybody flashing at me to dim them. I'd like to jumper them to work on hi-beam, but haven't looked at the wiring yet. I plan on upgrading the bulbs in the lights to the silverstar when they're available, brighter is better. I don't know what the laws are around here, but most people drive with fog lights on if they have them.

Like somebody else said, I turn them off when trying to fly under the radar, so to speak, or sometimes around dusk or dawn, I only run the fogs - more for marker lights than so I can see the road.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
All the time. It should be mandatory.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I run with mine early in the morning on the way to work, and always at night. My car is silver and I don't want some yahoo to not see me in the dim dusk light. I like to be able to see better, and heck I've got them so I might as well use them.

G

·
Once in a blue moon both of em on if the weather is nasty & dark. Occasionally during the day, just the fogs. Haven't been flashed for brites yet, but compared to the HID headlights running around, mine can't be that brite.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I use mine all the time. I like the additional lighting that they provide, and it also looks really cool if you ask me.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Fryguy_pa said:
I use mine all the time. I like the additional lighting that they provide, and it also looks really cool if you ask me.
It sure as hell does (sorry V6 people)! I was hoping someone would mention that...

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I don't use em unless it's actually foggy or low visibility. The regular lights are bright enough for anverage use. Plus I hear lots of people get pulled over. Even though they don't get tickets cuz there is no law against it, I don't feel like taking 10 minutes out of my day to convince a cop that they are not bright lights(I'd rather go undetcted by police than showing off I have a GT).

I will admit they look bada$$ when they are on, but I don't think you need them just under normal weather conditions.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Everybody around here (except me) drives with their fog lights on at night, even in the middle of the city where the street lights keep it bright enough that you could probably drive with just parking lights on and still be able to see. Don't mean to offend anybody here, but I find bright fog lights coming at me damn annoying (same with HIDs, but that's another story), escpecially when they are not needed to see. I guess a lot of people like to look cool while blinding everybody else.

I have a car with bright fog lights, but I will only use them in bad weather, or on very dark roads with no other traffic around, as I'm aware that they can be blinding to other drivers. But then again maybe I'm weird cuz I still use my signal lights when approaching turns or changing lanes (most people don't seem to bother to do that anymore around here).

Sorry for the rant! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
208 Posts
I use the "fog" lights all of the time for several reasons.

Day time: 1). Having them on is like having daytime running lights for added visual awareness. (ie. see me, miss me) 2). I like having the dash lights illuminating the "My Color" color.

Night time: 3). They add extra illumination while not blinding the on coming traffic. 4). Cool factor of 10+ :cool:

·
Registered
478 Posts
I run mine when it is rainy or @ when it is getting dark. I like to run them with my parking lights

·
Registered
260 Posts
Nope!

I run with my fog lights on only during the early morning or dusk low-light hours in lieu of headlights, to make me more visible and keep from getting some Nimrod hitting me.

At night I run with headlights only and fog lights OFF....just to be considerate of fellow drivers. I'd turn 'em on if was in sour weather that they'd help with, but otherwise I believe in sharin' the frikkin' road, man.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Am I the only confused person here? I thought they were "driving lights" not "fog lights" and yes, I get flashed all the time by people ... i find it amusing ... especially, when I decide, hey, I'll be happy to show them my high beams if that's what they want.

·
Registered
203 Posts
jibboo said:
Am I the only confused person here? I thought they were "driving lights" not "fog lights" and yes, I get flashed all the time by people ... i find it amusing ... especially, when I decide, hey, I'll be happy to show them my high beams if that's what they want.
Driving lights/fog lights... sunroof/moonroof.... station wagon/crossover/sports tourer. Doesn't matter what you call 'em... it's the same item either way. What they're called is just at the whim of the marketing department anyways. No confusion here.

It's really... uh... *interesting* that you find amusement at the discomfort of others... even better, you cause discomfort and difficulty for other drivers... then when they complain about it you attempt to blind them (hoping that they will run over a pedestrian or family pet before their eyes adjust from your glare, maybe?). Not a psychologist, but I'd be willing to bet you were bullied as a kid. Just kidding... I know you have to keep those lowly other motorists in line! :sterb:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Never use them. The times I tried I constantly get flashed by oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Fryguy_pa said:
I use them all the time at night, like he said they look really cool, gives the car an aggresive look, "American Muscle"

1 - 20 of 61 Posts