Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GT parts for V6?

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  48prerunner 
#1 ·
Hey guys I was just wondering what is really the main difference in the GT prts and the V6 parts? Specifically, could I fit Roush Springs on a V6? They say "Made for GT." Does that mean they ABSOLUTELY will not work on a V6? If they can fit, Does it require any body work? Thanks guys.

#3 ·
+1 to that.

Putting GT lowering springs on your car may lower the rear but probably wont lower the front much. I've seen guys put GT500 springs on their 4.0's and it actually 'lifts' the front end. :gringreen

But yes, technically they will fit.

#4 ·
ok so technically besides the weight difference there would be no problem with the "GT" springs on the 4.0? and one more thing if i decided to drop a V8 in prob how much would that cost? (Not gonna do just wonderin')

#5 ·
Droping in a V8? A whole lot. The engine itself is several grand and there is also a need for new computer and other supporting stuff that I cannot remember now.

#6 ·
It would be cheaper in the long run to sell the V6 and get a GT. You will have a more reliable car if you really want a V8. Consider a supercharger for the V6. It will make it faster than a stock GT and you will have a more reliable car. It would be cheaper to do than than the cost of the V8 and the expensive mechanic labor to install the V8. I have found that most dealers do not want to work on cars that have transplanted major assemblies. If you are going to support the repair yourself after a engine transplant then you won't have that problem. :bigthumbsup

#8 ·
I have roush springs on my car. rear springs are a piece of cake if you can jack the car safely and use a ratchet you can have rear springs in in about 20 min. front require some special tools and more work but neither require body work.

the gt is only about 130 lbs heavier and some of that is unsprung weight. the gt 500 is about 570 and most of that is over the front wheels the 5.4 and the supercharger etc. so yes dont put gt 500 springs in your car it will sit higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.