Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is a 94 gt rear end a direct swap for a 94 v6??....cuz doesnt the gt come with a t-lok n such and different gears???.....if not then sorry for my nooobieenesss....

just tryin to look for the cheapest way to get a new rear dif

·
Registered
623 Posts
yes it is a direct fit.. yes it has t-loc.. and i think it has 3.27 gears.. but not sure about that last one

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so that would be a good way to get new gears and t-lok for cheap thenn ehh?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I am pretty sure that all 94-98's except the Cobra's had 2.73's stock. I think the Cobra's got the upgrade for 3.27's. lol He would still have to do a gear upgrade to feel a difference. The only thing he would be adding would be a T-lok.

The added mass on the rear-end wouldn't be a bad thing though. It just depends on what he wants. I have been looking at the IRS off of a Cobra for road racing. They have much better weight transfer

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
is a 94 gt rear end a direct swap for a 94 v6??....cuz doesnt the gt come with a t-lok n such and different gears???.....if not then sorry for my nooobieenesss....

just tryin to look for the cheapest way to get a new rear dif
If you just want a new rear diff. then just buy a FRPP T-lok.
An 8.8 swap is only a good option if you plan on swaping in a V8 or making lots of power with the 6. The 7.5" built correctly can handle up to 400 rwhp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.