Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see more and more 200>v8 conversions where the owner didnt spring for the GT rear valance with the exhaust cut outs now im not converting but i am going to run a header with dual exhaust, is a GT rear valance the right way to go to or would you guys see it as false advertisement to see a 200 under the hood

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
No, there's nothing wrong with having that valance with a 200 as long as you are running dual exhaust. It would actually be neat to look at that 6 with the split manifold and something you don't normally see.

I've seen some of the 6 cyl cars (Camaros and others too) getting some attention at shows by me. I think some people are tired at looking at V8 cars all the time, whether real or converted, and there's a few that had no idea that these cars were even offered with 6 cyl motors!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
see I prefer the six, its easy as hell to work on, it will last me forever. I think Ill go for it. My girlfriend keeps pushing me towards the valance cuz shes got a GT valance with one pipe and the other hole has been molded over and painted it looks pretty trick and its something you almost never see.

·
Registered
133 Posts
rear valance

I put the GT front fascia, and rocker panels on my car, because they were dirt cheap new take offs, and I got them in the same colour as my car (screaming yellow) but try as I might, nobody had any rear fascia's left in my colour.

So it would have cost me about 300 bucks for the cover and about 400 to paint it, for a total of 700 bucks. By comparison I got the whole front fascia, minus the grille, for 200 dollars.

This may be why you are seeing less and less people with the Gt bumper on the back.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
All Show No Go, he's not talking about the bumper. On the 1966 Mustang they just have a little chrome bumper. But they also have a metal panel below it-- the valance-- that holds the reverse lights and acts as a background for the bumper guards--which are removed with the GT valance. The GT rear valance has 2 holes with chrome trim rings for the exhaust to go through. Then the exhaust tips were trumpets with louvres in them.

I think that would be AWESOME!:) I had thought about that many times as I have been looking at the dual exhaust header for the 200 six. And your right. They are realiable as heck, easy to work on (except trying to lift off that heavy cylinder head), and they are really good on gas too.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
This is what we are talking about..........

This is what we are talking about -
this rear valence also has the cutouts for back-up lights

Attachments

·
Registered
759 Posts
I have always felt that the GT valance with the B/U light on it were too crowded looking....just too much going on and not very clean looking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.