Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my GT last evening and when I reached home I noticed the strut bar missing. I have a 401A package. Should I be seeing one in the engine bay or is it an option ?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Do you have 19" rims? The cars with 19" rims should have the strut others do not.

·
Registered
164 Posts
When I was test driving cars a couple of months ago the GT I drove had the strut bar and it had the standard 18's. I wonder why some have it and some don't mine has it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
It comes with the Brembo brake package.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Yes, it comes with the Brembo package. It came with the 19" wheels on the 2010 GT. I don't know if this is true for the 2011.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all for responding. I do not have 18" nor do I have the Brembo package. I called up the dealer, he sounded confused and will be reverting back once he finds out why the brace is missing or if it was an option.
btw, Any suggestions on buying the brace online?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Thanks all for responding. I do not have 18" nor do I have the Brembo package. I called up the dealer, he sounded confused and will be reverting back once he finds out why the brace is missing or if it was an option.
btw, Any suggestions on buying the brace online?
Don't back down on this...It is supposed on be on your car as part on that package.
You already paid for it....Don't pay twice..

·
Registered
114 Posts
I don't have the Brembo's but I do have 19" wheels. The Strut bar was included in mine.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
If you have 19's or a vert you get the brace.

·
Registered
53 Posts
According to the source book (floating around in this Forum) very 19" should have it:
see page 11 bottom. Convertibles also have them

• When equipped with 19" wheels, Mustang adds a strut tower brace that helps keep the steering taut while increasing responsiveness

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
My first 5.0 was a 401A with 19" wheels non-brembo it had a strut brace. My second one 300A 18" wheels and had no brace. My dealer parts had no clue what I wanted at first and said I had to go after market. Here is the p/n for a genuine Ford GT Tower Strut Brace for a 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 with 18" wheels:

BR3Z-16A200-A

When they put it in the computer it will come up as a "Crossmember" but it is the right one. Installs in less than 10 minutes with existing bolts. Picked mine up from my dealer parts counter in less than a week for one hundred fifty six. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Sub'd, it answered my question on why my car doesn't have the strut bar.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Not to make light of your set up but I ordered w/stock 18s & knew it was not included but I do have spare tire. The engine is better looking IMO without the brace. I have no interest in getting one both from a looks & weight standpoint. It was lower on my priorities list than the spare.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I wonder how useful the brace is. I'm all for keeping things rigid so if it really helps I would add one to my non-brembo, 18" wheel, GT... if it ever gets here, that is.

·
Registered
880 Posts
The strut brace is stratigically placed to obstruct access an visibility to the thermonuclear-temperature dipstick.

I've found a small mag light in my mouth provides illumination for the hole and entertainment to those at the pump.

·
Registered
603 Posts
The strut brace is stratigically placed to obstruct access an visibility to the thermonuclear-temperature dipstick.

I've found a small mag light in my mouth provides illumination for the hole and entertainment to those at the pump.
I'm not a nuclear physics guy & don't speak Vulcan. WTH does this mean? :im confused:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.