Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GT Take-off Front Bumper on a V6 (2006 V6 w/ Pony)

6K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  mrjimmy 
#1 ·
Well I guess it was bout to happen sooner or later, but I was in a car accident. The damage, I thought, was not that great, it is only a parking lot accident and my right front corner was hit. The short of it is, because it was my fault, it would cost me about $2000 to fix my car (this is at a ford dealership). Basically what they would do is replace the front bumper, right fender, the right headlight and a minor paint touch up on the corner of the hood. So I basically figured I can install those 3 things myself.

After looking around, I found this GT bumper for $200
Mustang GT Front Bumper <br> Cover 2005-2008 - FR3-4200-05AA

I figured that I might as well get it because it will look better, and a not painted V6 bumper would be only about 30 dollars cheaper (not counting shipping).

So my questions are:

Do I need anything extra that is not on my V6 already to change the bumper?

Will it look ridiculous without the side-skirt thing and the rear bumper (which is on my "to get" list)?

Also unrelated question:
How much would it cost to paint the fender to match my color and should I do it at the dealer or somewhere else?

PS: I don't want to make my V6 look like a GT because I think that is a bit wrong. So I will get the front bumper now and get the rear one when I am ready to go dual. Don't want to be driving around with two holes in the bumper and have just the one exhaust coming out.

Thanks.

See less See more
#3 ·
So my Pony grill will not fit the GT bumper?

PS: Thanks for quit reply

#7 ·
Make sure you check your local salvage yards. They may have a GT or V6 you can pull the parts from at a significant discount.

#10 ·
This sounds like a pain in the butt... Someone once told me "It's so easy, it just snaps in!!!". Yeah I guess anything that is too good to be true is just that. You may want to check out street scene. Here's one that fits the v6.

http://i44.tinypic.com/282qff7.jpg

#11 ·
I havent changed the front bumper yet,,,but it is a snap to remove and replace. A couple hour job if your like me. I did put a GT rear bumper on and it was about the same length of time.remove and replace,no other mods to make it fit,,,a "snap" even the inner fenderwells hooked right up. Looking to replace the front facia with a GT500 . It is a snap...painting it should run you about $300.00 for prep and 3 stage matching paint...be prepared to spend $$ on any mods though

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.