Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received the right side GT take off I got off the bay. The size is right etc. But...there is an extra hanger on the original V6 muffler on the pipe end before the mid pipe attachment point. This hanger is not on the GT take off I received. I also don't see it photos of any other after market or FRP muffler. Can I ignore it? Or should I manufacture the hanger and add it? Will it make a damn or just keep things in line that would normally be okay any way?

Thanks!

Pat :nogrinner

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
you can discard that 3rd hanger and install your muffler. the v6 also has the damper pc the gt doesnt. you will like the difference.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Yeah, just disregard the third hangar. You'll be just fine with it and you'll love the sound. I think it's more "sporty" than any of the other mufflers on the market.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Just take off the V6 muffler and put the GT on, nothing more or less needed

·
Registered
98 Posts
I just installed my GT takeoff and yeah basically what everyone else said. Its easy to switch out.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
I just received the right side GT take off I got off the bay. The size is right etc. But...there is an extra hanger on the original V6 muffler on the pipe end before the mid pipe attachment point. This hanger is not on the GT take off I received. I also don't see it photos of any other after market or FRP muffler. Can I ignore it? Or should I manufacture the hanger and add it? Will it make a damn or just keep things in line that would normally be okay any way?

Thanks!

Pat :nogrinner
its maybe good you didnt buy the set cause it would just eat at you untill you shelled out the cash for pipes to go dual :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome!

Well I got the take off, on. Several things of note; sounds way better under acceleration, at idel and a bonus its really nice and quiet at speed so I can hear the radio without the droan of the stock one. Strang thing though it really sticks out a good ways beyond the opening in the cover. I think I can cut it off with my sawsall with a metal blade.

Thanks to all for the suggestions and help!

Pat
:happyhapp

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Well I got the take off, on. Several things of note; sounds way better under acceleration, at idel and a bonus its really nice and quiet at speed so I can hear the radio without the droan of the stock one. Strang thing though it really sticks out a good ways beyond the opening in the cover. I think I can cut it off with my sawsall with a metal blade.

Thanks to all for the suggestions and help!

Pat
:happyhapp
i dont think you`ll have any luck with the saw. thats stainless steel, you would have to use a cutoff wheel. i thought about taking a inch off mine, but its not worth the hassle really.( and ive got a cutoff saw and air grinder) it dont look bad.....

Attachments

·
Registered
751 Posts
i dont think you`ll have any luck with the saw. thats stainless steel, you would have to use a cutoff wheel. i thought about taking a inch off mine, but its not worth the hassle really.( and ive got a cutoff saw and air grinder) it dont look bad.....
Mine sticks out as well, but i like it. Did you cut your bumper for the second one?

·
Registered
746 Posts
use a dremel,thats what i did.
went threw a few of the grinder disc's but it worked great,easy to controll for a clean cut.
sawsall will jump around
good cutting :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
766 Posts
I used a sawzall for my first muffler and a chop saw on my second one. Just make sure you have a very good hold on it before you start cutting or have a friend hold it for you while you cut. Just be careful.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Mine sticks out as well, but i like it. Did you cut your bumper for the second one?
yes i did. used the die grinder with a rasp bit and a little sanding drum for the bumper.
ya, on the tip sticking out, its really not bad, i thought about taping it off and using a cutoff wheel, but it hasnt bother me yet. if you tape it off, you can use a compas( divider with a pencil) to transfer the angle line it has, or create your own. i kinda like the angle with the flat cut on top. another idea if you wanted a straight cut would be a pipe cutter. it might roll the edge in a little, which might look good, or clean it up with a grinder. a sawzall is gonna bounce around, and the blade will walk if you try to cut 2 sides at once. check your car out from standing back a ways.......

Attachments

·
Registered
495 Posts
one thing i find is that the more i look at the rear bumper, i love the way the v6 bumper looks.

its smaller than the gt and gives it a sexy rake look with out a loss of handling.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.