Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off i just want to say you guys and gals *dunno if theres any here* are great:worship. ive been looking around for the best forum that is mustang related and found this one to be the best one out there, been following this place for months now. :smilie

ok to my question. i have a 2008 v6 s197, i was thinking of getting a pair of gt takeoffs and replacing the v6 muffler with a single gt takeoff, and saving the other one for later, if i do the dual conversion. will the gt takeoff reduce backpressure and make the car lose low end torque? reason im most likely not going dual right away is because im wodering if getting a dual set up with the gt takeoffs will reduce torque on the v6.

note the single gt takeoff would be the first mod i would be doing to the car. should i replace the v6 muffler with a single gt takeoff? sorry im new to all this modding thing.

thanks in advance. :worship:smilie

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Any loss of torque is small. The stock V6 muffler is restrictive to say the least, first thing I noticed besides the rumble was a 2.5-3 MPG increase and a slight increase in power on acceleration.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I just put Duals on with the GT Take Off Mufflers and going from the Factory Stock Muffler to two GT Mufflers I did'nt notice any loss in power.
If your thinking of getting the GT Take Off Mufflers consider this....go to (newtakeoff.com) they sell the complete True Dual Exhaust for your Stang with the GT Mufflers for $319. You get the X Pipe and Mid Pipes Brand New from Pypes Preformance Exhaust, 2 Used but only has about 5 miles on them GT Mufflers that are taken off a New GT that someone had a aftermarket exhaust done, then newtakeoff.com buys the GT Mufflers and Partners with Pypes Preformance to make the True Dual Exhaust kit. With the GT Mufflers, X Pipe and Mid Pipe you also get all the Clamps needed puls the Drivers side Muffler hanger also off the GT for your Drivers Side, it's Factory OEM. Then you get the Templete to cut your Rear Bumper. It's a real Nice Kit and easy to Install. I just put it on a few weeks ago and Love It!
So befor you consider just buying the Paif of GT Mufflers consider the True Dual Kit from NTO, it's a Good Price for all you get:bigthumbsup
If you want (click) on the Camera under My Avatar Picture and this will bring you to My Members Picture Gallery, there I have Photos of all the stuff you get in the True Dual Kit from NTO:winks

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
welcome to the forums. replacing the v6 muffler with a gt was the very first thing i did to my car. adding the 2nd muffler was the 2nd thing i did :)

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
If anything you will pick up a couple of ponies going to the GT takeoff. Not very noticeable, but you sure wont lose anything

·
Registered
98 Posts
welcome to the forums. replacing the v6 muffler with a gt was the very first thing i did to my car. adding the 2nd muffler was the 2nd thing i did :)
I did exactly the same thing (after pestering amustangrocks for a week or two!). I put the single GT takeoff on there, and enjoyed the slight sound difference, but couldn't get the clearance right, it was touching the bumper cover... Bought the rest of the kit from NTO, and had it installed, and am well pleased. I betcha you'll follow the same path as we all did!
Mike B
Good luck!

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
It was one of the first things I did, and appearance wise is my favorite. These cars don't look right with only one muffler. NTO is where I got mine from, price is right, looks/sounds great, and made of high quality. You will not regret this purchase.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Newtakeoff.com is definitely the best way to go. You will like the change in sound. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Great to have you here on AFM :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
109 Posts
I guess what we did is more common than I thought.

We also put on a single GT muffler on our 06 somewhere before 30k miles. I finally put on the other muffler and did the dual exhaust at around 150k miles.

I sure wish I would have done it earlier now that I know how good it sounds in person...

~Mark

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I guess what we did is more common than I thought.

We also put on a single GT muffler on our 06 somewhere before 30k miles. I finally put on the other muffler and did the dual exhaust at around 150k miles.

I sure wish I would have done it earlier now that I know how good it sounds in person...

~Mark
Wow 150K on your V6, or is that more now?:bigthumbsup

1 - 13 of 13 Posts