Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this info on some used car web page. It has Car and Driver's information on top speed and acceleration for the Mustang GT with premium and convertible.

http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/ford_mustang_gtpremiumconvertible_2006/17323/style_performance.html?refsrc=offnetwork%2Fcpc%2FPI

Also my favorite web video.... Go to the bottom of this page and click "Play TV spot" for a humbling experience...

http://www.fordvehicles.com/fordgt/bulletin_detail.asp?type=news&id=2

This, I believe is the engine that the new GT-500 mustang will have? Supercharged 5.4, 4-valve. You don't have to shift from first to second until after 60MPH?!?! It sounds phenomenal anyway.

-David

·
Registered
394 Posts
O/T:

Jet, that's a cool avatar!

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Got a good story related to that avatar...

One of my father's friends was a police officer (he said never to purchase a used police cruiser... he had once totalled six in one year). They were using one of these "Your Speed" dealies (if the lingo gets too technical for you, stop me :))

It had the three digit version like the avatar. That night the officer and his buddies blasted past that trailer over and over, as fast as they could go, seeing what their squad cars could do.

That Monday, at the meeting, they were informed that there had been this massive amount of speeding and they had not caught a single speeder. The "Your Speed" board had a memory! Their captain was *pissed* that they hadn't caught anyone breaking the law and squawked how they had to sit out there and catch the people who were blasting through that area all night.

Many sheepish cop-faces in the room. Amazingly, no one fessed up and said, with downcast eyes. "Sorry Cap'n.... it was us."

Dad didn't tell me how fast they went but I have heard, on America's Funniest Police Chases, or something, the Crown Vic has a top speed in the 130's but that seems a bit slow to me. Those cars have some balls. I had a 1972 Thunderbird and that model was used by the NJ HP as their highway interceptor, but with the 460. Mine had the smallest engine you could get. The 429 :)... 9MPG on the highway :|

I think we would all like to see a three-digit-speed-dealie, on a lonely stretch of very straight road [sigh].

-David

·
Registered
403 Posts
JetBlack-

thanks for sharing the avatar story- made my day :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts