Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone opt for a GT with an auto gearbox? Does your mustang still preform pretty well? How's the auto?

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have an auto, and I love it. Granted, I've never really driven stick so I can't compare. But this auto is a beast. As one poster already said, stock the auto can be a little bit soft, but with a tune the car is a beast. With 3.73 gears installed, it'll ravage the road. The way I have it now, it performs VERY well. The acceleration is astounding. Even without any after market stuff, it's still a lot of fun.

My only wish is that it would have included paddles to row your own ;).

·
Registered
228 Posts
What's not to love about a transmission made in America? :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
12 Posts
In day to day driving in the real world the A/T would be my only choice. IF I could change it paddles and auto stick like the SHO would have been the mantra for Ford. I am sure one day this will happen.
Since I am a left foot brake guy ( LE training ) this is the only way for me to drive...............fun per mile is still there regardless of the transmission choice.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'll let you know in a month (hopefully)! :)

·
Registered
752 Posts
I love mine, best automatic I have owned.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Its a blast to drive with a CAI and my Brenspeed performance tune , you simply can't believe the amazing difference. I love my automatic !!! :yup:

·
Registered
334 Posts
i have the 2011 GT auto (I'm done with sticks...) and stock the pedal response flat out sucked to me, like it tried to get into 6th gear at 20MPH unless you had the pedal almost to the floor. Grabbed a tune (I run Bama 91 Street) and the car flat out rocks now. Great shift points, more pull, barks the tires shifting at WOT in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd (haven't got to 4th yet??) Bring it on stick boys..just kidding.

I'm getting 20MPG in city with the tune.

You can get used to it stock but it just seemed wrong, plus that stupid throttle/rev without moving, then jumping crap. The tune fixed all of the bugs.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I have auto with 3.73 gears and tune and my kill list is growing every day this car is a pure animal and pulls like s freight train!

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Love mine... mash the pedal and WHOOOOOOOOOOSH.

I was pondering the idea of a tune myself, especially since my dealer will even install it thus no warranty worries, but now that I have the car see absolutely no need for it. I'm going to have a hard enough time staying out of trouble as it is, I don't need to get any more out of this car than what it's already giving me right out of the box. Perfect balance of smoothness with raw power on tap when you want it. Did I say WHOOOOOOOOOOSH already?

:winks

PS Made in Livonia, Michigan, USA, and beefy enough to heft around 5,500-5,600 pound Navigators and Expeditions. What's not to love?

J

·
0 Posts
Wow! I had no idea there were so many women on this forum!

JFWY Auto guys/gals.
I'm sure one day I'll surrender to the slushbox myself. Until then even with jacked up knees and a bad back I'll row my own until I no longer can.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Had an '08 GT auto, loved it. Traded it in on a '12 auto. As others have said, it is good out of the showroom but really rolls with a Bama tune. Love it.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
wait so the auto tranny is made in america? i thought both the manual and auto were made in china? Or it is just the manual thats made in china?
Yep, the auto is made in Livonia, Michigan, USA.

Wow! I had no idea there were so many women on this forum!
I could say that about a V6 but I'm respectful enough to not poke fun of what other people buy because what they like isn't what I wanted this time around. :winks

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.