Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a set of cast GT40 heads like the ones on my 93 Cobra. I've seen several on E bay. Whats the difference between the GT40 and GT40P. I know the P's came on the Explorer, but did the GT40 come on the early Explorers? and whats up with the 3 cast lines on some heads and not on others? thanks

·
Registered
956 Posts
The GT40P head flow a little better and came on explorers after 97, they have 4 bars on the end, some had P heads in 96, I think I got the years right, also the P heads require headers that will fit P heads, all the newer FRPP headers should work along with some other brands, they need different headers because the spark plug angle it different

GT40 heads have the 3 bars on the end and will work with stock headers

·
Registered
508 Posts
Thats right.... I have GT40P's and there great. The spark plugs get in the way if you use regular headers with them thats why you have to buy GT40P headers but ford racing and mac both make a set. You can get them at the junk yards, just get a machine shop to recondition them and check them out for you, also the explorere 19# injectors are better than the stock mustang 19# injectors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.