Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Yes they will fit, no you will not have to convert to EFI, you will have to select headers carefully. "P" heads have a funky spark plug angle. I think it's very curious that they spec a 1.94" intake valve (stock is 1.84") and make no mention of porting...

Here's my $.02:
- Those are quite expensive for what they are. Plus, you will have shipping and they are heavy (+$$).
- The stock valve springs are pretty pathetic, even when they are new. If you have any kind of an aftermarket camshaft planned or even roller rockers you really should upgrade the valve springs. Another $150 on the tab...

I'd leave them, sorry to rain on your parade.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
I agree with Pete not sure with that and it also states on the bottom that they weight is 26 lbs. I would call them and see what's up with the points stated above also.

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
More over priced and over rated junk, imho. I'm extremely suspicious of head that isn't accompanied with a flow chart. Plus, 64cc is getting big for a N/A 302.

What are these heads going on? How much power do you want to make?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im building a motor for my 67 coupe. They're going onto a 68 302 block, fitted with hydraulic roller cam, lifters, and roller tipped rockers. My horse power goals are relatively modest, im looking for maybe 320-350, daily driver style, naturally aspired. Of course money is a big factor in all this, I just wanna get the best bang for the buck. I'll be honest, I dont know very much about selecting the right parts for this project, or any project for any matter, so all suggestions are welcome and will be considered.
:)

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
If you cannot afford TFS 170 heads then get the edelbrock e streets. Be sure to get the right springs for the cam you are going to use. And call Comp cams they will help on their end.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
So those are E6 castings ported and with bigger valves.......see if they can supply a flow chart as that would be interesting.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts