Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford is offering replacement GT40 crate motors for 43 large. Initially ford made it seem (at least the impression I got) as if the shelby gt 500 was going to be packing the same motor as the GT. Obviously , if the crate motor alone goes for 43K no way the Shelby will have the same 5.4 .

So I guess I wonder if anyone out there has any new info on the shelby. Some people in the know, claim it's a totally different motor than the Dry Sump 5.4 DOHC in the GT40 .

Also I hear the car coming to fruition isn't exactly what was shown at the NY auto show. Which judging by the pics of the yellow shelby making the rounds does seem to be the case.

Any interprid reporters uncover any new news or pics ??

Attaching some oldies previously posted.

Attachments

·
Registered
886 Posts
Hmmm....

So, when is FRPP making the motor mount adaptors for the Stang?:eyepoppin

cause, you know, i've got 43k just sittin around, and all...

·
Registered
394 Posts
I definitely like the frontend better than my stock v6. (duh!):worship

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ultraclyde said:
So, when is FRPP making the motor mount adaptors for the Stang?:eyepoppin

cause, you know, i've got 43k just sittin around, and all...
Here Ya Go ! :drool:

If the shelby gets this motor ..then expect to get banged for 75K :eek:

http://mustang50magazine.com/techarticles/m5lp_0505w_fords_gt_engines/

Retail price from Ford Motor Company for this engine is $35,593.32, plus a core charge of $7,500, for a total of $43,093.32. Parkway Performance is offering this engine for sale at $35,000, and are willing to entertain offers from serious buyers.

·
Registered
886 Posts
dang, i wish..

If only I really had the dough to play in that league....:worship
Hey, those guys are just a couple hours from here.....maybe they need a test car to install one in! :sterb: Yeah, I doubt it, too.

Notice it doesn't come with a computer. I wonder how much it would cost to have a map built for it? Or, you could find a wrecked GT in your local junkyard, right?:happyhapp

·
Registered
261 Posts
if you ask me thats a little rediculous for an engine , 43000.nascar engines prob. not that much and put out 850 hp. maybe 12000 to 15000 more in line.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
roboz said:
Ford is offering replacement GT40 crate motors for 43 large. Initially ford made it seem (at least the impression I got) as if the shelby gt 500 was going to be packing the same motor as the GT. Obviously , if the crate motor alone goes for 43K no way the Shelby will have the same 5.4 .

So I guess I wonder if anyone out there has any new info on the shelby. Some people in the know, claim it's a totally different motor than the Dry Sump 5.4 DOHC in the GT40 .

Also I hear the car coming to fruition isn't exactly what was shown at the NY auto show. Which judging by the pics of the yellow shelby making the rounds does seem to be the case.

Any interprid reporters uncover any new news or pics ??

Attaching some oldies previously posted.
:kooky: wow that front end looks snakey! I fargin' want one :eyepoppin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts