Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys Can you guys look at this intake and see if it's a true GT40 intake? I have a '93 COBRA --> If this is a GT40 Intake why would someone swap it on my 5.0 if the stock COBRA Intake and the GT 40 flow the same?

I'm wondering if it has stock heads on it --> How can I 'id' the heads? I cant see anything on them.

I know the cam is not stock. I thought the Cobra came with a good cam - I wish knew what it was.

I pulled a spark plug (it's been in there a long time) Motorcraft AGSF32C - I read in my owner guide the stock cobra plug should be AWSF32C -->Why the different plug? hotter or colder?

It's also got 30# injectors and a ProFlow MASS-AIR - It's calibrated for the 30#injectors. It runs great though, not rich -not lean I pulled a plug & it looked great! great burn. 30#'s though hmmmm...

I think it's a 75mm throttle body (I can barely read it) but it says "75mm" beside 'model' on the mass air tag.

One other thing. *The dipstick - When I change oil and filter - I put in 5 qts in and It barely shows on the stick? I dont get that. I checked out the d-stick tube and it's all the way in the pan. --> do you think the that did all of thie put in a deeper pan? it looks stock - dual sump and all.

Well, here's the intake on the car and here's intake that came with it. The guy I bought it from was a collector and knew nothing about it. He knew only that the car had an extra intake in the back when the COBRA was delivered. It was sold to him as a true low mileage STOCK COBRA. - It's only got 64K miles. but it isnt stock.

Also it's lowered - i dont know how much but It sits on Sumitomo 245-45ZR17's all the way around. and it's got a huge 'weld in' frame connector. If you jack up the front end (on one side) after 3" or so the rear starts to come up. BUT- Even with it lowered like it is - It's a very comfortable ride. I dont know how to tell if it's a quality lowering job--> how do I tell?

ANYideas or thoughts? I'm really looking for some good advice ideas or just what do you think the guy that did all of the changes was thinking with the intake, injectors etc??

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
that is a gt40 tubular intake off of the lightnings. The previous owner most likely switched it because... well it looks so cool!:gringreen I believe that one way to tell the heads is to look at the side by the header and gt40s have 3 verticle bars on them not sure though look it up im sure you can find it. Looks to me like all of the upgrades were cosmetic though except for the injectors. That intake that is on your car is very desirable if you put it on ebay with the lower Id say you could get close to 400 if not more. IMO I would leave the intake on it wont really hurt the value and some say it flows better. Love the car and good luck with everything :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
313 Posts
I will take that tubular intake off your hands any day of the week:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
+1 on it being a GT40. I had one on my 95GT and i bought it used for like 450 bucks and sold it later on for 450 and this was about 6 years ago. I bet it would fetch 400 like mentioned but I would keep it.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Pics 1 & 2 Tubular GT-40 Intake.
Pic 3 is the Original Cobra.

I paid $250 for my Tubular GT-40 with ported lower 6 yrs ago and it's doubled in price since then. :yup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts